A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Oh to be able to return to the days of messy bedrooms and preteen attitudes! Now as parents of teenagers, the days have the potential of bringing u... Read More
Oh to be able to return to the days of messy bedrooms and preteen attitudes! Now as parents of teenagers, the days have the potential of bringing us not-so-fun issues like sexting, cyber-bullying, and eating disorders. And let’s not forget the old standbys of drugs, alcohol, and depression. As much as you pray that your child will be the shining exception, as their parent you must still be prepared! Will you know what to do when a naked picture of your daughter gets forwarded by her “boyfriend” to the entire school? How will you respond when your child is bullied online--or is the bully himself? A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens has thought through all the issues you haven’t. Covering a broad range of issues from the terrifying (sex, drinking, drugs, depression) to the frustrating (defiance, laziness, conformity, entitlement), parenting expert Joani Geltman approaches 80 uncomfortable topics with honesty and a dash of humor. She reveals what your teens are thinking and feeling--and what developmental factors are involved. Then she explains how to approach each problem in a way that lets your kid know you “get it” and leads to truly productive conversations. Guaranteed, the teenage years will bring problems that will make any parent long for the days of lying about homework and playing too many video games. But you’re not alone! This invaluable, all-encompassing resource provides the help you will need for tomorrow’s headache. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Joani Geltman
- About the Contributor(s) JOANI GELTMAN has a Masters degree in Social Work, and is an expert in child development and parenting. She presents...JOANI GELTMAN has a Masters degree in Social Work, and is an expert in child development and parenting. She presents her popular course, Adolescent Psychology, to schools and community groups, hosts Ask the Expert gatherings for parents, and provides home-based parent coaching services. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.03 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.95 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $11.20
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.