Absolutely Small: How Quantum Theory Explains Our Everyday World
Michael D. FAYER
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Physics is a complex and daunting topic, but it is also deeply satisfying--even thrilling. And it is absolutely one you can understand. Absolutely ... Read More
Physics is a complex and daunting topic, but it is also deeply satisfying--even thrilling. And it is absolutely one you can understand. Absolutely Small develops your intuition for the very nature of things at their most basic and intriguing levels by demystifying the world of quantum science. Just as we can understand the concept of gravity without solving a single equation, author Michael D. Fayer, professor of chemistry at Stanford University, uses examples from the everyday world to help you understand quantum science like never before. Exploring a range of scientific concepts--from particles of light, to probability, to states of matter, to what makes greenhouse gases bad--in considerable depth, he provides readers the answers to questions like: What makes blueberries blue and strawberries red? Does sound really travels in waves? and Why does light behave so differently from any other phenomenon in the universe? Challenging without being intimidating and accessible but not condescending, Absolutely Small liberates physics from its mathematical underpinnings so anyone with curiosity and imagination can explore its beauty. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Michael D. FAYER
- Publish Date06/16/2010
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $11.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.