American Entrepreneur: The Fascinating Stories of the People Who Defined Business in the United States
Larry Schweikart | Lynne Doti
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Ever since the first colonists landed in the New World, Americans have forged ahead in their quest to make good on promises of capitalism and indep... Read More
Ever since the first colonists landed in the New World, Americans have forged ahead in their quest to make good on promises of capitalism and independence. American Entrepreneur vividly illustrates the history of business in the United States from the point of view of the enterprising men and women who made it happen. Weaving stirring narrative with economic analysis, this historical deep dive recounts the successes and failures of some of the most iconic business people to grace our history books--from the founding of our country to the present day. You’ll learn about how Eli Whitney changed the shape of the American business landscape; how the Civil War impacted the economy, and how it was renewed by the subsequent dominance of Andrew Carnegie and J. P. Morgan; how Asa Candler, W. K. Kellogg, Henry Ford, and J.C. Penney led the rise of the consumer marketplace; and what Warren Buffett’s, Michael Milken’s, and even Martha Stewart’s experience in the “New Economy” was like in the 1990s--and how that economy continues today. It is an adventure to start a business, and the greatest risk takers in that adventure are entrepreneurs. This is the epic story of America’s entrepreneurs and how they created the economy we enjoy today. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Larry Schweikart , Lynne Doti
- About the Contributor(s) LARRY SCHWEIKART, PH.D. (Centerville, OH), a history professor at the University of Dayton, is the author or coauthor of many...LARRY SCHWEIKART, PH.D. (Centerville, OH), a history professor at the University of Dayton, is the author or coauthor of many books, including A Patriot's History of the United States and 48 Liberal Lies About American History.
LYNNE PIERSON DOTI, PH.D. (Orange, CA) is a professor of economics at Chapman University and the editor of Essays in Economic and Business History. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)2.78 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)38.92 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 1.25(d) inches
- Price $20.97
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.