An Insider's Guide to Building a Successful Consulting Practice
- Regular price
- Sale price
Do you relish your independence and autonomy? Are you looking for a job that makes use of your energy and expertise? This invaluable resource is the guide you need top get started.
Industrial psychologist, consultant, speaker, and author Bruce Katcher combines his years of experience and insights with real stories from a range of other independent consultants to guide you on your journey of growing a consulting practice--whether they’re beginners just starting up or veterans looking for new ways to invigorate their businesses.
In An Insider’s Guide to Building a Successful Consulting Practice, you’ll learn simple yet powerful strategies for success, including how to:
- identify a market and narrow your focus;
- make a smooth transition from employee to independent consultant;
- sell effectively even if you've never sold before;
- establish visibility through speaking, writing, and networking;
- set prices based on value;
- develop a marketing strategy;
- and divide your time between marketing and delivering your services.
With applicable data and tangible advice gleaned from the survey results of professionals in a diverse range of industries, you’ll not only learn how to keep plenty of work in your pipeline--you’ll be able to adapt your consulting practice to thrive in any market.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Bruce Katcher , Adam Snyder
- About the Contributor(s) BRUCE L. KATCHER, PH.D., (Sharon, MA) is founder and president of The Discovery Consulting Group. His client list covers a...BRUCE L. KATCHER, PH.D., (Sharon, MA) is founder and president of The Discovery Consulting Group. His client list covers a broad range, from Fortune 500 names such as Revlon, Johnson Johnson, Alcoa, and Merck to successful smaller companies. He is the author of the award-winning book 30 Reasons Employees Hate Their Managers (978-0-8144-0915-2).
Adam Snyder is avid writer and ghostwriter with Kevin Anderson & Associates. He has written more than a dozen books with top CEOs, been published in multiple national magazines, and he just completed his second novel. He is also president of the academy-award winning company, Rembrandt Films. Since selling their home in the NY Metro area in 2016, he and his wife have been living an untethered life in beautiful places with high speed WiFi.show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.95 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)34.37 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.