Back to Business: Finding Your Confidence, Embracing Your Skills, and Landing Your Dream Job After a Career Pause
- Regular price
- Sale price
The 45 percent of American women who take career breaks know better than anyone that searching for a job—with its new modes of communication, new rules of discoverability, and new expectations—has changed rapidly in the last decade. This book lays out a clear path for anyone ready to re-enter the workforce.
On the job hunt? Don’t just polish your resume—you better make sure your LinkedIn profile is updated. And, if you aren’t getting responses from recruiters, chances are it’s, because the robots aren’t selecting your profile because it's missing pertinent keywords. And, by the way, dress codes have changed and you’ll need to know new technologies such as Slack and Google+ Hangouts.
For many women re-entering the workforce after a career break, the job search world is a disorienting, confusing, and overwhelming place. Getting started is much easier when you know what the first step should be.
In Back to Business, career coaching and re-entry experts Nancy McSharry Jensen and Sarah Duenwald have put together a guide for women returning to the workplace.
Easy to understand and easy to put into practice, Back to Business teaches you how to:
- Identify and talk about what you want, taking into account what you’ve been up to while on break.
- Understand your personal brand, both in-person and online, and how your skills translate to the career you are looking for.
- Become professionally relevant and gain confidence in your ability to return to the paid workforce.
- Look for job opportunities while being productive and intentional with your time.
The authors understand through first-hand experience the anxiety of returning to work. They have helped hundreds of women facing the job search process to overcome the anxiety of what is often overwhelming life change.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Nancy McSharry Jensen , Sarah Duenwald
- About the Contributor(s) Nancy Jensen has launched businesses for IDG and Microsoft, served as an instructor at UW, and currently serves as CEO...
Nancy Jensen has launched businesses for IDG and Microsoft, served as an instructor at UW, and currently serves as CEO and Co-Founder of The Swing Shift. She’s been featured in Forbes, The Huffington Post, at Seattle’s infamous F-Bomb Breakfast Club and the Female Founders Alliance Champion Awards. The award-winning Swing Shift was a semi-finalist at Social Venture Partners Fast Pitch competition, and a finalist for Seattle Chamber’s Women in Business Leadership awards. Nancy believes that women shouldn’t be penalized for taking care of their families, committed to getting women into the workforce on their own terms, and dedicated to 100 percent pay parity.
Sarah Duenwald has successfully focused on business development and sales operations in the software and high-tech consulting industry over the last decade. After the birth of her second child, Sarah took a brief career pause, and then decided she wanted to do something that gave back and made an impact so that she could stay relevant and have meaningful work on her resume. She co-founded The Swing Shift, where she drives Operations, Programming, and Partner Relationships. She believes it’s imperative to change the perception of the modern workplace and works every day to empower women to take control of their careers.show more
- Publish Date01/19/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.02 lb
- Price $28.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.