Back to Business: Finding Your Confidence, Embracing Your Skills, and Landing Your Dream Job After a Career Pause - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Back to Business makes returning to the workforce accessible for anyone who believes that finding a decent job after taking a career break is impossible.
When on the hunt for a job, make sure your LinkedIn profile is just as polished and updated as your resume. If you aren’t getting responses from recruiters, chances are your profile is missing pertinent keywords that bots aren’t selecting. In addition, dress codes have changed too, so you’ll need to know new technologies such as Slack and Google+ Hangouts. If you have no idea what any of this means, YOU’RE NOT ALONE.
You’re one of the forty-five percent of women who, after taking a career break, quickly discovered that the job search has changed rapidly in the last decade. With new modes of communication, rules of discoverability and expectations, this book lays out a clear path for anyone ready to re-enter the workforce.
Getting started is much easier when you know what the first step should be. In Back to Business, career coaching and re-entry experts Nancy McSharry Jensen and Sarah Duenwald, have put together a guide for women returning to the workplace.
Practical and easy to understand, Back to Business teaches you how to:
- Identify and talk about what you want.
- Understand your personal brand and how your skills translate to your new career.
- Become professionally relevant and gain confidence in returning to the workforce.
- Look for job opportunities while being productive and intentional with your time.
Nancy and Sarah understand through first-hand experience the anxiety of returning to work. They have helped hundreds of women facing the job search process to overcome the anxiety of what is often overwhelming life change.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Nancy McSharry Jensen , Sarah Duenwald
- Narrator(s) Nancy Jensen, Sarah Duenwald
- About the Contributor(s) Nancy Jensen has launched businesses for IDG and Microsoft, served as an instructor at UW, and currently serves as CEO...
Nancy Jensen has launched businesses for IDG and Microsoft, served as an instructor at UW, and currently serves as CEO and Co-Founder of The Swing Shift. She’s been featured in Forbes, The Huffington Post, at Seattle’s infamous F-Bomb Breakfast Club and the Female Founders Alliance Champion Awards. The award-winning Swing Shift was a semi-finalist at Social Venture Partners Fast Pitch competition, and a finalist for Seattle Chamber’s Women in Business Leadership awards. Nancy believes that women shouldn’t be penalized for taking care of their families, committed to getting women into the workforce on their own terms, and dedicated to 100 percent pay parity.
Sarah’s career over the last 15 years has focused on revenue growth operations in the technology consulting industry. At ADP, where she managed a team of business development representatives, and as a senior manager for a Gaming Technology Consulting company. She has won multiple Presidents’ Clubs & various awards for revenue achievement and client growth.
After the birth of her second child, Sarah took a brief career pause, and then as fate would have it met Nancy and they co-founded The Swing Shift to pursue their passion for helping women in career transition. She heads up Operations, Programming and Partner Relationships.
She believes it’s imperative to change the perception of the modern workplace and works every day to empower women to take control of their careers.show more
- Publish Date01/19/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:26:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.