Beating Lyme: Understanding and Treating This Complex and Often Misdiagnosed Disease
- Regular price
- Sale price
More than 30 years after it was first diagnosed, Lyme disease remains one of our most misunderstood illnesses. Finally, this book offers those who struggle with it the guidance to get the help they need.
This frequently misdiagnosed infection is spreading at an alarming rate and, if not treated early, can cause debilitating symptoms. More than 1.7 million people in the United States, and many others in Europe and Asia, currently have Lyme and are unaware or can’t find the right treatment. A respected health author and educator, Constance Bean is an authority on this elusive illness.
In 1993, she was diagnosed with Lyme and has spent the past 14 years researching its treatments and diagnoses. In Beating Lyme, you will find comforting, hard-won advice on such topics as:
- what Lyme is and how to recognize the symptoms
- what to do after a tick bite
- how to protect family and friends
- how to get the best treatment and what to do if insurance won't cover it
- living with long-term Lyme disease
Compassionate and thoroughly researched, Beating Lyme will help both doctors and patients understand and conquer this complex illness.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Constance A BEAN , Lesley Ann FEIN
- Publish Date06/25/2008
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.93 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.93 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $12.59
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.