Black Faces in White Places: 10 Game-Changing Strategies to Achieve Success and Find Greatness - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Discover how African-American professionals can combine their personal strengths with the wisdom of others to plant the seeds of a positive, lasting legacy in the workplace.
Randal Pinkett was the first African-American winner on The Apprentice. When he won, he also became the only contestant to be asked to share his victory with a white woman.
For generations, African-Americans have been told that they need to work twice as hard as everyone else to succeed. However, as millions of black Americans were reminded by Pinkett's experience, sometimes hard work is not enough.
Black Faces in White Places is about "the game", the competitive world in which we all live and work. The book offers 10 revolutionary strategies for playing, mastering, and changing the game for the current generation, while undertaking a wholesale redefinition of the rules for those who will follow.
In this book, you will:
- Expand yourself beyond your comfort zone
- Recognize and demonstrate the four facets of excellence
- Build beneficial relationships and powerful networks
- Identify different mentors and learn from others' experiences
- Discover ways of working with others to facilitate collective action
Based on the authors' considerable experiences in business, in the public eye, and in the minority, the book shows how African-American professionals can (and must) think and act both entrepreneurially and "intrapreneurially".
Black Faces in White Places not only explains shattering the old "glass ceiling” and changing the concept of success, but also examines the four dimensions of the contemporary black experience: identity, society, meritocracy, and opportunity.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Randal D. Pinkett , Jeffrey A. Robinson , Philana Patterson
- Narrator(s) Ron Butler, Arnell Powel
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Randal Pinkett has established himself as an entrepreneur, speaker, author, scholar, and leading voice for his generation in business,...
Dr. Randal Pinkett has established himself as an entrepreneur, speaker, author, scholar, and leading voice for his generation in business, technology, diversity, and inclusion. He is the co-founder, chairman, and CEO of his fifth venture, BCT Partners, a multimillion-dollar research, training, consulting, technology, and data analytics firm headquartered in Newark, NJ. BCT’s mission is to provide insights about diverse people that lead to equity. The company has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms and has been named to the Black Enterprise BE 100 list of the nation’s largest African American-owned businesses.
Jeffrey A. Robinson, Ph.D. is an award-winning business school professor, international speaker and entrepreneur.
Philana Patterson is Money editor at USA Today in New York City where she leads business and financial coverage across all formats.show more
- Publish Date06/04/2019
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time10:08:00
- Price $18.89
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.