Blind Ambition: How to Go from Victim to Visionary - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
For anyone seeking to live life to its fullest potential, Blind Ambition is an eye-opening account of a tech industry executive who overcame fear and hopelessness to turn his blindness disability into a powerful, competitive strength.
While most people were preparing for the adventure of adult life, Chad E. Foster was watching the world he grew up with fade to black but that didn’t stop him from becoming the first blind person to graduate from the Harvard Business School leadership program and climbing the corporate ladder as a successful finance/sales executive.
With determination, ambition, and drive, Chad created what Oracle said would be impossible. He gave millions of people the ability to earn a living by becoming the first to create customer relationship software for the visually impaired.
Even if you've been robbed of your self-identity and dreams for the future, you can change your story and achieve your goals.
In Blind Ambition, readers and listeners will:
- Be inspired by Chad’s story of how he transformed the loss of his vision into a gift with unique strengths and abilities he did not have before.
- See how we choose the stories we tell ourselves about our circumstances and how this either limits us or propels us toward our goals.
- Gain new perspective on what is possible when you shift your mindset, give up making excuses, and decide that you oversee who you want to be.
- Learn the mental model that Chad uses to quickly overcome frustrations and stressors.
Overcoming the challenges of blindness improved Chad’s perspective, making him more resilient and grateful for the life that he has. Ultimately, Chad's unforgettable lessons and outlook will inspire listeners to overcome their perceived limitations and explore new possibilities where they once may have only seen obstacles.
Blind Ambition will teach you how to take advantage of your disadvantages.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Chad E. Foster
- Narrator(s) Zach Hoffman
- About the Contributor(s) Chad E. Foster is a husband, a father, and an avid snow skier (that is not a joke) who is...
Chad E. Foster is a husband, a father, and an avid snow skier (that is not a joke) who is not just competing with his condition, he is competing with the world’s most successful people. Chad wants to make blind look good and believes he is not successful in spite of being blind but because he’s blind. He embraced his problem and turned it into a solution. He works at Red Hat, one of the most innovative Tech companies and the world’s largest open source software company (recently purchased by IBM for $34 billion). With determination, ambition, and drive, he created what Oracle said would be impossible. He gave millions of people the ability to earn a living by becoming the first to create customer relationship software for the visually impaired. With speaking invites from London to Beijing, and the Atlanta Opera commissioning an opera inspired by his life story, Chad inspires people to overcome their own blind spots.show more
- Publish Date02/16/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:53:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.