Breaking Borders: A Remarkable Story of Adventure, Family, and Career Success That Defied All Expectations - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Kate Isler’s incredible story demonstrates how women can stop self-selecting out of opportunities and take the leap of faith to accomplish their dreams.
Kate Isler navigated the male-dominated culture of the technology industry, breaking new global markets for Microsoft in their fast-paced, hyper-growth startup years in some of the most challenging regions in the world – all without a college degree or resources that many believe are necessary for success.
Kate’s story is a fascinating adventure from her years as a naïve young adult through her unexpected global career at a time when corporations weren’t hiring women to represent their companies overseas.
In Breaking Borders, Kate candidly shares:
- Her moments of success, failure, and very public mistakes.
- The struggle she faced to pivot her career in a completely new direction.
- How she overcame the disappointment of a failed startup by channeling her passion for supporting women.
- Her mission to inspire other women by building Be Bold, a women’s advocacy non-profit, from the ground up.
Kate’s story is a guide for women who want to stop self-selecting out of opportunities because they "assume" they don't have the right education, connections, or skills to take a chance.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Kate Isler
- Narrator(s) Kate Isler
- About the Contributor(s) While working at Microsoft, Kate Isler started her international career in Dubai in 1993 by talking her husband into quitting...
While working at Microsoft, Kate Isler started her international career in Dubai in 1993 by talking her husband into quitting his job to become a “house husband” for what she promised would be a two-year adventure. Twenty years, three children, and six international moves later, Kate left Microsoft to try her luck at running a digital health startup.
While that venture ultimately did not bear fruit, she learned vital lessons that she has taken into her new organization, Be Bold Now, a conscious consulting practice whose mission is to build an intersectional community of women and men, who strive to inspire, empower and support each other to take bold pragmatic action to accelerate gender parity.
Kate is a change agent and thought leader. Her experience in high tech as a CEO of a digital health startup and as an executive at Microsoft, provides a powerful platform of real-world expertise and examples to draw from when addressing gender equity and balanced management practices.
Kate has successfully navigated the complexity of a global company and tested her agility and ability to innovate as an entrepreneur. Her journey of leadership, challenging the status quo, overcoming adversity, and breaking gender stereotypes motivates and inspires audiences.show more
- Publish Date03/02/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:30:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.