Building Leaders the West Point Way: Ten Principles from the Nation's Most Powerful Leadership Lab - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Discover the ten principles that every aspiring leader should learn, straight from the nation’s most powerful leadership lab.
Major General Joseph P. Franklin (ret.) believes almost everything that he is as an adult can be traced back to his days at West Point, where he was not only a cadet but an instructor, football coach, and eventually Commandant of Cadets. U.S. Military Academy graduates are found at the highest levels in every walk of life: military, education, business, medicine, law, and government. However, you don't have to graduate from the U.S. Military Academy to embrace its ideals or to benefit from the wisdom that is taught there.
In Building Leaders the West Point Way, Franklin shares leadership principles including:
- And more
Building Leaders the West Point Way uses examples drawn from Major Franklin’s personal experience to illustrate key principles of leadership that are within grasp of everyone. This is simple and easy-to-understand resource will help anyone become a better leader.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Joseph P. Franklin
- Narrator(s) Milton Bagby
- About the Contributor(s) Joseph P. Franklin graduated from West Point in 1955 with a commission in the US Army Corps of Engineers. He...Joseph P. Franklin graduated from West Point in 1955 with a commission in the US Army Corps of Engineers. He earned master's degrees in civil engineering and nuclear engineering from MIT, taught the first nuclear engineering course at West Point, commanded a combat engineer battalion in Vietnam, and worked as executive assistant to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon. Franklin was commandant of cadets at West Point from 1979 to 1982. After his promotion to major general, he served as chief of the Joint US Military Group and senior US defense representative in Spain. In 1993 he was elected chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Frequency Electronics and is presently on the board of directors of RKO Pictures, Inc. In 2007, Franklin received West Point's Distinguished Graduate award, noting his outstanding career and fine example of the Academy's Duty, Honor, Country motto. Franklin and his wife, Constance Marie Smith, have four sons and eight grandchildren. show more
- Publish Date08/16/2022
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time07:28:00
- Price $21.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.