Built, Not Born: A Self-Made Billionaire's No-Nonsense Guide for Entrepreneurs - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Get tested and proven advice on how to navigate risk and succeed in all phases of business ownership from a successful entrepreneur who turned a small startup into a billion-dollar company.
Self-made billionaire and Paychex founder Tom Golisano understands the fears, risks, and challenges small-business owners face every day. He has launched and grown his own highly successful business and mentored dozens of entrepreneurs, helping them build their own fruitful companies.
Golisano knows how nervous aspiring business owners are about the risks of entrepreneurship. Now, he’s sharing the startup-to-exit secrets to success and how he turned $3,000 into $28 billion dollars.
Built, Not Born shows you:
- How going against the grain can be a great strategy for finding business opportunities and why it pays to question conventional wisdom.
- Why the pregnant pause can be an effective weapon in negotiations and when interviewing potential employees.
- Why a prenuptial or even a postnuptial agreement is critical to any business owner.
- What potential buyers and funding sources look for, and the best way to present a business plan.
- And finally, the key growth and leadership strategies that have helped Paychex sustain its incredible level of growth and profitability.
Built, Not Born provides a direct and practical approach on how to overcome everyday challenges. This essential handbook is a key resource for current and aspiring entrepreneurs on how to start, grow, and operate a successful business.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tom Golisano , Mike Wicks
- Narrator(s) Mike Terry
- About the Contributor(s) Tom Golisano founded what is now Paychex with $3000 and built it to the current worth of $24 billion. Paychex...
Tom Golisano founded what is now Paychex with $3000 and built it to the current worth of $24 billion. Paychex now has more than 600,000 customers, and more than 12,000 employees working out of 100 locations. In fact, 1 in every 12 private-sector employees in America receives their paycheck from Paychex. Golisano has been challenging the status quo for a long time—and not only in the world of business. In 1991, he co-founded a political party called the Independence Party, and ran three times for Governor of New York. Tens of millions of people know of him because of this, many of whom have no special interest in business but who appreciate his championing getting things done more intelligently and effectively. He bought the bankrupt and losing Buffalo Sabres hockey team in 2003 and turned around the franchise, both in terms of financial health and by transforming them into a winning team. He is a frequent guest on Fox, CNN, and other news channel broadcasts.
Mike Wicks is an award-winning author, collaborator, and senior writer at Kevin Anderson & Associates. He has managed several multimillion-dollar government programs, rebranded towns and regions, written economic development and tourism strategies, and created sponsorship programs for major not-for-profits. Wicks is also a well-regarded trainer, facilitator, and speaker whose clients have included national banks and multinational insurance corporations. Wicks has written and collaborated on over twenty books, e-books, and training manuals. Fire from the Sky: A Diary Over Japan won a silver medal for best military memoir of 2005, awarded by the Military Writers Society of America. He’s a foodie, so when he’s not writing he can be found in his kitchen preparing a gourmet meal.show more
- Publish Date02/11/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:06:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.