Celebration of Fools
- Regular price
- Sale price
JCPenney was the quintessential American company. Since James Cash Penney opened his first store in the small mining town of Kemmerer, Wyoming, in 1902, this unique institution has been an iconic part of the national landscape. Founded and run on the core principles of thrift, hard work, and good citizenship, the retail giant prospered throughout the 20th century, even during the Great Depression, as American citizens came to rely on it for its good values and service. But by the year 2000, its original beliefs arrogantly betrayed, JCPenney’s Golden Age was, sadly, just a memory. Celebration of Fools is an insider’s look at JCPenney’s remarkable rise and fall, charting the people and events that have been the history of this American institution. Packed with captivating stories and compelling characters -- including the company’s highest ranking woman -- Celebration of Fools offers valuable lessons applicable in today’s business climate. With an engaging, narrative style, former Penney executive speechwriter Bill Hare tells a compelling cautionary tale with universal implications for all of corporate America. Casting new light and astonishing revelations on this American icon and the people who nearly destroyed it, Celebration of Fools will keep readers captivated from first page till last.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Bill Hare
- About the Contributor(s) Bill Hare (Dallas, TX) worked for 15 years as a speechwriter for senior executives in Fortune 500 companies, including two...Bill Hare (Dallas, TX) worked for 15 years as a speechwriter for senior executives in Fortune 500 companies, including two CEOs at JCPenney. He has won numerous advertising industry awards. show more
- Publish Date05/31/2004
- Format eBook
- Price $7.49
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.