Cosmic Careers: Exploring the Universe of Opportunities in the Space Industries - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
We are starting to see the first real progress in space exploration in the private sector, and there are many jobs becoming available in this fascinating new field. Explore what’s out there as you embark on a new expedition in Cosmic Careers.
Sierra Nevada, Northrup Grumman, Boeing, and Bigelow Aerospace built prototypes of deep-space habitats that NASA began testing in March 2019. Therefore, physical evidence exists that human beings are committed to living in space for purposes of research and industrial pursuits such as mining.
Now that companies are set to take both professional astronauts and well-trained passengers into space as early as summer of 2021, this book will prepare you to take your place--whether as an investor, owner, employee, or enthusiast--in the exciting world of space exploration.
In Cosmic Careers, readers will:
- Receive a comprehensive listing of the careers and skillsets that are in demand over the coming years in space exploration.
- Access stories, company profiles, and technical descriptions spotlighting information that is relevant today and over the next few decades.
- Gain insights into the world of space exploration, its characters, and the real opportunities that are within anyone’s grasp.
Cosmic Careers is filled with practical information on the issues and challenges that must be solved to further the exploration and the establishment of settlements beyond planet Earth.
There will also be opportunities in harnessing energy from the sun using Earth orbiting solar power satellites; designing new forms of space transportation; and construction of facilities for refueling stations for rockets, processing minerals from near Earth asteroids, and building new spaceships and space habitats.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Alastair Storm Browne , Maryann Karinch
- Narrator(s) Steven Grimsley
- About the Contributor(s) Alastair Browne is a lifetime space advocate and member of national space society. His popular space development blog has over...
Alastair Browne is a lifetime space advocate and member of national space society. His popular space development blog has over 475,000 followers on Facebook. He is true space junkie who has devoted his life and career to space development.
Maryann Karinch has co-written many business, tech, and future-looking books, and she has a lifelong interest in space exploration.show more
- Publish Date02/09/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:48:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.