Crazy-Stressed: Saving Today's Overwhelmed Teens with Love, Laughter, and the Science of Resilience
- Regular price
- Sale price
A guide for saving today’s overwhelmed teens through love, laughter, and the power of resilience.
A little resilience goes a long way, peel back the cheerful facade that parents present, and you'll find that many are worried about their teens. Mood swings, impulsiveness, poor judgment, and other problems peak in these years. Add stressors such as screen addiction, cyberbullying, increasing academic demands, and time-consuming athletic commitments…and it's no surprise that today's teenagers rank as the most anxious in 50 years. Parents long to help, but how?
Based on a career counseling kids and their parents, psychologist Michael Bradley locates the most powerful protective trait: resilience. Teens with this crucial quality know how to handle difficulty, overcome obstacles, and bounce back from setbacks.
Packed with insights from neuroscience and psychology, real-life case studies, and a dose of humor, Crazy-Stressed sheds light on the teen brain and offers a wealth of resiliency-boosting strategies. In it, Dr. Bradley reveals:
- What kids these days are really going through
- Ways to strengthen the seven skills every teen needs to survive and thrive
- What-to-do-when suggestions for common behavior, school, and social issues
- Tactics for coping with conflict, teaching consequences, improving communication, staying connected, and more
It's not easy being a teen-and it's certainly not easy parenting one. Always frank and often funny, Crazy-Stressed will become your go-to guide…and your teens may even thank you for it.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Michael Bradley
- About the Contributor(s) Michael J. Bradley, Ph.D. is a psychologist, a leading expert on adolescent behavior, and is certified by the American College...Michael J. Bradley, Ph.D. is a psychologist, a leading expert on adolescent behavior, and is certified by the American College of Professional Psychology in the treatment of substance abuse disorders. The author of the bestselling Yes, Your Teen Is Crazy, he has been featured in the national media, including CNN, Fox News, NPR, Today, Good Morning America, The New York Times, USA Today, and Rolling Stone. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.87 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)31.35 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.