Crazy-Stressed: Saving Today's Overwhelmed Teens with Love, Laughter, and the Science of Resilience
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
VOYA Voice of Youth Advocates: Essential Books for Professionals Who Serve Teens A little resilience goes a long way.... Peel back the cheerful fac... Read More
VOYA Voice of Youth Advocates: Essential Books for Professionals Who Serve Teens A little resilience goes a long way.... Peel back the cheerful facade that parents present, and you'll find that many are worried about their teens. Mood swings, impulsiveness, poor judgment, and other problems peak in these years. Add stressors such as screen addiction, cyberbullying, increasing academic demands, and time-consuming athletic commitments . . . and it's no surprise that today's teenagers rank as the most anxious in 50 years. Parents long to help, but how? Based on a career counseling kids and their parents, psychologist Michael Bradley locates the most powerful protective trait: resilience. Teens with this crucial quality know how to handle difficulty, overcome obstacles, and bounce back from setbacks. Packed with insights from neuroscience and psychology, real-life case studies, and a dose of humor, Crazy-Stressed sheds light on the teen brain and offers a wealth of resiliency-boosting strategies. In it, Dr. Bradley reveals: What kids these days are really going through * Ways to strengthen the seven skills every teen needs to survive and thrive * What-to-do-when suggestions for common behavior, school, and social issues * Tactics for coping with conflict, teaching consequences, improving communication, staying connected, and more It's not easy being a teen-and it's certainly not easy parenting one. Always frank and often funny, Crazy-Stressed will become your go-to guide . . . and your kids may even thank you for it. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Michael Bradley
- About the Contributor(s) Michael J. Bradley, Ph.D. is a psychologist, a leading expert on adolescent behavior, and is certified by the American College...Michael J. Bradley, Ph.D. is a psychologist, a leading expert on adolescent behavior, and is certified by the American College of Professional Psychology in the treatment of substance abuse disorders. The author of the bestselling Yes, Your Teen Is Crazy, he has been featured in the national media, including CNN, Fox News, NPR, Today, Good Morning America, The New York Times, USA Today, and Rolling Stone. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.87 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)31.35 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $17.95
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.