Creative Directions: Mastering the Transition from Talent to Leader - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
More and more makers, designers, writers, and artists are in demand as we enter the Age of Creatives. By understanding the new strategies and mindset required to succeed, you can manage other creatives successfully.
For creators, getting that promotion to management is exciting but can also be scary. The skills that made them so successful may not translate to the skill required to be a great manager, and this gets even more complicated when managing other creatives who often don’t thrive under traditional management procedures.
Creative Directions is a management masterclass in which you attend lectures and seminars as you learn from some of the best in the business, including directors Ava DuVernay (When They See Us) and Joe Russo (Avengers: Endgame); two-time Academy Award-winning editor Angus Wall (The Social Network); executive producers from hit TV shows like The Simpsons and GLOW; and creative directors and leaders at businesses like Amazon, Apple, Disney, TikTok, and more.
In Creative Directions, you will:
- Receive essential guidance on how to master the delicate balance required to successfully lead a creative team.
- Learn from star creative leaders in the entertainment industry on essential lessons they learned on their path to success.
- Gain insights on how to balance mastering the new skills you need as a leader with finding the time and energy to focus on the creative work you love.
All of these lessons are provided in an easily accessible format so that you can open the book to any page and find an actionable, inspirational insight or strategy.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jason Sperling
- Narrator(s) John Behrens, Jason Sperling
- About the Contributor(s) Jason Sperling serves as Global Executive Creative Director for Facebook Reality Labs. For over two decades, he has been developing...
Jason Sperling serves as Global Executive Creative Director for Facebook Reality Labs. For over two decades, he has been developing iconic, award-winning advertising for clients that include Apple, Honda, Pixar, TikTok, Amazon, and UNICEF. His Apple “Get a Mac” campaign was declared Campaign of the Decade by Adweek and was one of Ad Age’s Top Campaigns of the century. In 2015 he was selected as one of the Top 30 Creative Directors in the country. His first book on breakthrough marketing, Look at Me When I’m Talking to You: Building Brand Attraction in an Age of Brand Aversion, was released on Instagram (@lookatmebook) and was launched a page a day for over 160 days.show more
- Publish Date06/01/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:47:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.