Deadly Blue: Battle Stories of the U.S. Air Force Special Operations Command
- Regular price
- Sale price
The story of any military operation revolves not just around strategies and equipment, but people. Having authored over a dozen military deep dives, author Fred Pushies draws on his intimate knowledge of US Special Ops to provide readers a unique look at the people behind CAS--Close Air Support--missions. The work of these Air Force Special Operations Command Air Commandos is both delicate and deadly, their actions rooted in months of planning and executed with split-second timing. Acting as a bridge between special ops ground troops and lethal air power, CAS missions demand a skill set unparalleled even among the most elite military forces. In Deadly Blue, you’ll learn about the mindset, dedication, and daring of the very special brand of airmen who carry out these tasks, including their ability to create airfields and landing strips from nothing. You’ll also learn about the combat controllers who coordinated airstrikes and support during the hunt for Osama bin Laden in Tora Bora and gain insights into the special tactics teams that work closely with Joint Special Operations Task Forces. Whatever your knowledge of the military, this collection of battle stories will draw you into deep awe and admiration for a most unique band of heroes.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Fred Pushies
- About the Contributor(s) FRED PUSHIES (Westland, Michigan) is a photographer and journalist specializing in military special operations forces. His photo documentary skills have...FRED PUSHIES (Westland, Michigan) is a photographer and journalist specializing in military special operations forces. His photo documentary skills have earned him unparalleled access to elite units including the Navy SEALs, Army Special Forces, and Marine Force Recon. He is the author of many books including Weapons of Delta Force, Marine Force Recon, Special Ops, U.S. Air Force Special Ops, U.S. Army Special Forces, and Weapons of the U.S. Navy SEALs. show more
- Publish Date03/28/2023
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.81 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $22.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.