Decide and Conquer: 44 Decisions that will Make or Break All Leaders - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Success boils down to one thing: making good decisions. That’s easy to say, but what do we do when we are faced with terrible options, deep anxiety, and fear of failure? Learning the right framework now can make all the difference later.
Turn to Decide and Conquer to access the decision framework David Siegel used when he took over as CEO of Meetup, the world’s leading platform for making connections and finding your community. Let David’s success during one of the most tumultuous times in his company’s history help guide you on your own path.
Decide and Conquer helps all leaders navigate the big decisions that will impact their future and make their organizations a success. David outlines the 44 challenges leaders face when starting a new position. He then shows you the decision framework he applied to overcome these challenges as CEO of Meetup. David takes you on an epic journey of corporate and personal survival that includes industry titans like Adam Neumann, Barry Diller, Jack Welch, Bill Ackman, and other leaders. Learn to:
- Apply principles like open communication, transparency, and kindness to inform great decision-making.
- Set yourself up to succeed, even before you start, by removing potential roadblocks before they become a problem.
- Be a bold and decisive leader and not succumb to fear.
When David took over as CEO of Meetup, the road was fraught with obstacles that could have destroyed Meetup and his reputation. By applying the principles he had learned in previous leadership positions, David was able to make the many critical decisions that would mean life or death for Meetup when WeWork decided to sell the company. From deciding to accept the position and negotiating terms to the first 30, 60, and 90 days on the job and managing a seemingly endless series of crises during the sale and global pandemic, Decide and Conquer walks you through the key decisions you will face with invaluable advice for each one.
A sample layoff speech and sample succession email are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.Read Less
- Contributor(s)David Siegel
- Narrator(s) John Behrens
- About the Contributor(s) David Siegel is currently Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Meetup, the largest platform for finding community. Siegel became a director...
David Siegel is currently Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Meetup, the largest platform for finding community. Siegel became a director at DoubleClick at age 25 and the CEO of Investopedia at 40. He served as the President of SeekingAlpha and a Senior Vice President for 1-800-Flowers. Siegel earned both a BA in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics and an MBA in Finance and Marketing from the University of Pennsylvania. He is an adjunct professor at Columbia University in strategy and entrepreneurship and host of the podcast Keep Connected, dedicated to the power of community. He lives in White Plains, NY with his wife and three kids.show more
- Publish Date03/08/2022
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:51:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.