Discipline Without Punishment: The Proven Strategy That Turns Problem Employees into Superior Performers
- Regular price
- Sale price
A guide designed to help a new generation of managers and HR professionals adopt a positive, proven method for getting problem employees back on track.
More than 30 years ago, performance expert and author Dick Grote developed a powerful, nonpunitive discipline system that turned a troubled Frito-Lay plant from a hotbed of employee sabotage and toxic relations into a productive, respectful environment. Grote's method spread to other companies, and gained national recognition with the 1995 release of the first edition of Discipline Without Punishment.
Despite the effectiveness of the DWP method, many supervisors and workplaces continue to cling to their long-established fear-based approaches that instill lots of resentment, with little or no payback in improved performance.
In this newest edition of Discipline Without Punishment, you will find:
- real-life examples,
- sample dialogues,
- helpful worksheets,
- and a no-nonsense sensibility that busy readers will appreciate.
This book remains an eye-opening, forward-looking, practical guide to making your disciplinary system equitable and effective. Discipline Without Punishment has become a management classic, helping thousands of companies and managers move to a responsibility-based approach for handling unacceptable performance, problem behaviors, and excessive absenteeism.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Dick Grote
- About the Contributor(s) Dick Grote (Addison, TX) is Chairman and CEO of Grote Consulting Corp., and the author of The Complete Guide to...Dick Grote (Addison, TX) is Chairman and CEO of Grote Consulting Corp., and the author of The Complete Guide to Performance Appraisal, The Performance Appraisal Question and Answer Book, and Forced Ranking: Making Performance Management Work. His articles have appeared in Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal , and many other publications. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.91 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)14.57 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.72(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.