Do Good: Embracing Brand Citizenship to Fuel Both Purpose and Profit
- Regular price
- Sale price
Increasingly today, in every age group, consumers are committing to brands that show good citizenship--from fair employment practices, to social responsibility, to charitable giving. In fact, support of these generous and socially aware companies is so high that good works and charitable giving are necessary for companies that aspire for financial success.
Do Good documents the sea of change that has impacted the twenty-first-century marketplace more than even the most optimistic of business forecasters, including examples such as:
- Toms grew into a $600 million company by giving away 35 million pair of shoes.
- Patagonia’s profits have climbed year after year even as it funnels heavy investments into sustainability.
- CVS’s strategic decision to start destocking cigarettes in all stores.
Customers have shown with their wallets the types of businesses they will support and that they will quickly call out negligence. Buyers today demand more than half-hearted pledges from companies who are clearly just trying to show less profits and decrease their taxes.
By implementing the five-step model for the new rules of business laid out in Do Good--Trust, Enrichment, Responsibility, Community, and Contribution--companies can take the necessary steps to embed social consciousness into their DNA, in turn capturing both markets and hearts.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Anne Bahr Thompson
- About the Contributor(s) ANNE BAHR THOMPSON is founder of the brand consultancy Onesixtyfourth and former executive director of strategy and planning at Interbrand....
ANNE BAHR THOMPSON is founder of the brand consultancy Onesixtyfourth and former executive director of strategy and planning at Interbrand. She has been featured in the Financial Times, The New York Times, and on Fox Business and MarketWatch Radio.show more
- Publish Date12/12/2023
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.81 lb
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.