Driving the Career Highway: 20 Road Signs You Can't Afford to Miss - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
As leaders of prestigious executive search firms and organizational consulting firms, Janice Reals Ellig and William J. Morin have decades of experience working with people who failed to see the signs of trouble in their careers-or to read them right. These two experts have distilled the twenty most compelling problems and situations that can cause a person to detour, stall, get lost, or crash and burn on their career highway.
Accompanying exercises are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.
"Career changes are a fact of life in today's world, and they will accelerate tomorrow. Knowing how best to compete is critical for people from 30 to 70. Reals Ellig and Morin give you the tools to make your next job yours . . . Read it cover to cover-then read it again." -Jon A. Boscia, Chairman & CEO, Lincoln Financial Group
"I wish I had had the opportunity to read a book like Driving the Career Highway when I was starting my career. The 'warning signs' would have saved me hitting several 'bumps' in my career road. Very useful read!" -Susan Whiting, CEO, Nielsen Media
"This book is unique in that it provides insightful and useful help for those faced with or considering mid career change. Packed with pragmatic advice as well as tremendous tools to assist in doing a self assessment and planning career changes. In this rapidly changing world with constantly changing organizations, almost everyone will at some time need to read this book." -David A. Nadler, PhD. Vice Chairman, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
"As we manage to get through the traffic every day it has become second nature to us to watch for signals and road signs. Why would that be any different as we are trying to manage our careers?" -Ulrike Hildebrand General Manager, Human Resources Mercedes-Benz USA
"Janice Reals Ellig and Bill Morin have done it again. For anyone whose career could use an overhaul-or even just a tune-up-Driving the Career Highway is a must-read. Loaded with fresh insights and practical, down-to-earth wisdom, it's an indispensable guidebook for navigating the murky terrain of corporate success today." - Fortune Magazine's expert career columnist Ms. Anne Fisher ("Ask Annie"), Career columnist, CNNmoney.com
"Organizations have changed and as a result so have careers. This is a valuable road map of the new career highways." -Professor Edward E. Lawler, III, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California and Author of Built to Change
"The prospect of a job search change or a career change can be a frightening experience, especially for those in mid-career. Reals Ellig and Morin provide simple and straight forward tips for how to make career transitions more manageable and successful." -Charles Tharp, Ph.D., Professor Human Resource Management, Rutgers University
"When career change occurs-especially when it's not of our choosing-even the smartest and most successful of us struggle with how to cope and survive. Reals Ellig and Morin offer professionals specific, practical ways to manage their careers through what are often very frightening periods." -Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., J.D., SPHR Sr. Vice President, Human Resources IAC/InterActiveCorp
"A practical guidebook for almost any point on the career highway. It's the next best thing to a personal coaching session with Bill or Janice. Share it with your coach/mentor and get ready to hit the accelerator !" -Diane Gulyas, Group Vice President Dupont
"This is an inspirational and optimistic book because it gives the reader a clear road-map on how to self-manage a career." -Mike Critelli, Chairman & CEO, Pitney Bowes "Bill and Janice provide an indispensable map for reaching your career dream destination." -Peter Thedinga, Bank of AmericaRead Less
- Contributor(s)Janice Reals Ellig
- Narrator(s) Carrie Brewer, Samm Musick, Frances Quiles
- About the Contributor(s) Janice Reals Ellig is the Co-CEO of the executive search firm of Chadick Ellig. A specialist in organizational change, succession planning,...Janice Reals Ellig is the Co-CEO of the executive search firm of Chadick Ellig. A specialist in organizational change, succession planning, and management development, Reals Ellig was previously with Heidrick & Struggles and held executive level positions at Ambac Financial Group, Citibank, and Pfizer. Ellig holds a Master's degree in Organizational Development from Rider College and a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Iowa. show more
- Publish Date03/21/2023
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:54:00
- Price $21.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.