Eat Like a Champion: Performance Nutrition for Your Young Athlete
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
It's hard enough keeping up with all the nutritional needs for kids--not to mention actually getting them to actually eat many of these foods. But ... Read More
It’s hard enough keeping up with all the nutritional needs for kids--not to mention actually getting them to actually eat many of these foods. But with athletic kids, there’s even more to pay attention to! So the unfortunate fact is, most young athletes are not eating properly to compete--too many convenient but empty calories that are actually doing them more harm than good. As a result, these young athletes are losing energy when they should be increasing it, feeling deterred when they should be motivated, and actually decreasing muscle mass when they need it more than ever. Fortunately, with the right nutrition, young athletes can increase their energy, bolster their motivation, gain muscle mass, overcome fatigue, and improve their performance. But how can a parent begin to get their athlete on the right track? Eat Like a Champion, written by a registered dietitian who specializes in child and adolescent nutrition, is the must-read resource for every parent of active kids ages eight through eighteen. In it, parents will find help in: • Tailoring diets for training, competition, and even off-season • Finding the best food options, whether at home or on the go • Addressing counterproductive or unhealthy patterns • Understanding where supplements, sports drinks, and performance-enhancing substances do--and don’t--fit in • And more Complete with charts, recipes, and practical meal and snack ideas that can help athletic youngsters eat to win, this invaluable resource just may be the difference-maker in your athlete’s next game! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jill Castle
- About the Contributor(s) JILL CASTLE MS, RDN, CDN, is a registered dietitian and child nutrition expert. A contributor to SportingKid magazine, a representative...JILL CASTLE MS, RDN, CDN, is a registered dietitian and child nutrition expert. A contributor to SportingKid magazine, a representative to the Youth Sports Safety Alliance, and the mother of four young athletes, she writes about sports nutrition for websites and sports organizations. She is the coauthor of Fearless Feeding. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.93 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)33.33 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $11.87
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.