Eat Like a Champion: Performance Nutrition for Your Young Athlete
- Regular price
- Sale price
It’s hard keeping up with the nutritional needs for kids, and even harder getting them to actually eat many of these foods. Learn how to get your athlete on the right track.
With athletic kids, there’s even more to pay attention to! Most young athletes are not eating properly to compete--too many convenient but empty calories that are doing them more harm than good. As a result, these young athletes are losing energy when they should be increasing it, feeling deterred when they should be motivated, and decreasing muscle mass when they need it more than ever.
Fortunately, with the right nutrition, young athletes can increase their energy, bolster their motivation, gain muscle mass, overcome fatigue, and improve their performance. Registered dietitian and childhood nutrition expert Jill Castle has written this must-read resource for every parent of active kids ages eight through eighteen.
In Eat Like a Champion, parents will find help in:
- Tailoring diets for training, competition, and even off-season
- Finding the best food options, whether at home or on the go
- Addressing counterproductive or unhealthy patterns
- Understanding where supplements, sports drinks, and performance-enhancing substances do--and don’t--fit in
Complete with charts, recipes, and practical meal and snack ideas that can help athletic youngsters eat to win, Eat Like a Champion just may be the difference-maker in your athlete’s next game!Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jill Castle
- About the Contributor(s) JILL CASTLE MS, RDN, CDN, is a registered dietitian and child nutrition expert. A contributor to SportingKid magazine, a representative...JILL CASTLE MS, RDN, CDN, is a registered dietitian and child nutrition expert. A contributor to SportingKid magazine, a representative to the Youth Sports Safety Alliance, and the mother of four young athletes, she writes about sports nutrition for websites and sports organizations. She is the coauthor of Fearless Feeding. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.93 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)33.33 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.