Extreme Teams: Why Pixar, Netflix, Airbnb, and Other Cutting-Edge Companies Succeed Where Most Fail
- Regular price
- Sale price
This book takes a revitalized look at how teams should work in today’s business is driving real growth in some of the world’s most innovative firms.
Every manager desires to have great teams around them collaborating together and running with the mission. Unfortunately, most of these teams have been built around outdated practices made popular by companies that either no longer exist or haven’t been relevant in years.
However, a new generation of teams has learned to do things differently--things like hiring the right person instead of the best person; focusing on one priority while leaving room to explore new ideas; creating an environment where people are comfortable dealing with the uncomfortable; and maximizing profit by not making it top priority.
In Extreme Teams, take a peek into top companies and examine the teamwork experiments powering their results, including how:
- Pixar’s teams use constant feedback and debate to transform initially flawed films into billion-dollar hits
- A culture of radical “freedom and responsibility” helps Netflix execute on the next big thing
- Whole Food’s super-autonomous teams embrace hard metrics and friendly competition to drive performance
- Zappos fuels the weirdness and fun that sustains its success
From marketing to design to technology to product demand, everything has changed in business and will continue to do so. Why shouldn’t the teams carrying out these changes undergo their own upgrades?Read Less
- Contributor(s)Robert Bruce Shaw
- About the Contributor(s) Robert Bruce Shaw helps business leaders build companies and teams capable of superior performance. He holds a PhD in organizational...
Robert Bruce Shaw helps business leaders build companies and teams capable of superior performance. He holds a PhD in organizational behavior from Yale University and is the author of highly regarded books on leadership and organizational culture.show more
- Publish Date11/22/2022
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)22.11 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.