Fearless and Free: How Smart Women Pivot--and Relaunch Their Careers
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Women tend to be inherently cautious, to the point of overthinking their every move. This may help them stay safer than their male counterparts, bu... Read More
Women tend to be inherently cautious, to the point of overthinking their every move. This may help them stay safer than their male counterparts, but it also keeps them stuck in the action-first, fake-it-til-you-make-it ethos celebrated in the tech world shaking up the workforce today. What if women embraced the startup spirit? What if they had the confidence to take chances, even if they knew they may fail first? What if instead of agonizing over which step to take, they leapt forward quickly? These are the traits that helped Silicon Valley redefine our culture, and not surprisingly, these are the same lessons that can help all women succeed in all stages of their careers. In Fearless and Free, author Wendy Sachs has provided what O, The Oprah Magazine has called “pithy, invaluable guidance to women stymied in the workplace.” With lessons learned from a wide range of women who faced down fears, roadblocks, and failures to reinvent themselves, Sachs’s invaluable resource teaches women how to: • Boost their confidence • Sell their story • Capitalize on their skills and expand them • Nurture their network • Brand themselves--without bragging • Reposition themselves for reentering the workforce • And much more! By taking the disruptive methods that helped Silicon Valley send shockwaves across industries, Fearless and Free seeks to empower women in the workforce, showing them how to lean into their strengths, increase confidence, and make their impact known loud and clear. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Wendy Sachs
- About the Contributor(s) Wendy Sachs is a master of the career pivot. An Emmy-award winning TV news producer, Wendy has worked at Dateline...Wendy Sachs is a master of the career pivot. An Emmy-award winning TV news producer, Wendy has worked at Dateline NBC, Fox, and CNN. She was also a Capitol Hill press secretary, public relations executive, media and content strategist, CNN contributor, and editor-in-chief of Care.com. A frequent speaker, she has also written about work/life and women's issues for multiple publications, and appeared on dozens of radio and TV shows, including Good Morning America, Today, and CNN's Headline News. Wendy lives with her husband and two children in South Orange, New Jersey. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.02 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.66 lb
- Dimensions 9.38(h) x 6.5(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $11.50
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.