The First-Time Manager: HR - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
HarperCollins FocusThe must-have resource for HR managers who want to lessen the learning curve, succeed in their role, and set themselves up for future growth.
The world of work continues to grow more complex with hybrid work, a shortage of talent, and a mandate for more inclusive environments with a true DEI perspective. These changes have created many exciting opportunities but also carry big risks for HR managers on the front lines in organizations in transition.
Bestselling author and Human Resources expert Paul Falcone breaks down the landscape for new managers to quickly get up to speed covering recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, “HR Defense” legal and compliance strategies to keep your organization safe, as well as “HR Offense” strategies to help drive organizational strategy and performance. This one-of-a-kind guide will:
- Round out your exposure to the full gamut of disciplines within the HR suite of services.
- Share deeper-dive knowledge and insights into particular areas of the HR world to shortcut the natural learning curve.
- Maximize certain features of HR programs and service offerings to help you attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- Raise red flags in areas that could potentially expose you or your organization to unwanted legal liability.
- Help you master the levels of HR so that you can perform agilely and skillfully across the full HR spectrum.
Tables and appendix can be found in the audiobook companion PDF download.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Paul Falcone
- Narrator(s) John Behrens
- About the Contributor(s) Paul Falcone is principal of the Paul Falcone Workplace Leadership Consulting, LLC, specializing in management and leadership training, executive coaching,...
Paul Falcone is principal of the Paul Falcone Workplace Leadership Consulting, LLC, specializing in management and leadership training, executive coaching, international keynote speaking, and facilitating corporate offsite retreats. He is the former CHRO of Nickelodeon and has held senior-level HR positions with Paramount Pictures, Time Warner, and City of Hope. He has extensive experience in entertainment, healthcare/biotech, and financial services, including in international, nonprofit, and union environments.
Paul is the author of a number of books, many of which have been ranked as #1 Amazon bestsellers in the categories of human resources management, business and organizational learning, labor and employment law, business mentoring and coaching, business conflict resolution and mediation, communication in management, and business decision-making and problem-solving. His books have been translated into Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian, and Turkish.
Paul is a certified executive coach through the Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching program, a long-term columnist for SHRM.org and HR Magazine, and an adjunct faculty member in UCLA Extension’s School of Business and Management. He is an accomplished keynote presenter, in-house trainer, and webinar facilitator in the areas of talent and performance management, leadership development, and effective leadership communication.show more
- Publish Date05/21/2024
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:00:00
- Price $21.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.