Fundamentals of Enterprise Risk Management: How Top Companies Assess Risk, Manage Exposure, and Seize Opportunity
- Regular price
- Sale price
This one-stop guide provides you with the tools and information you need to keep their twenty-first-century organizations as blissfully risk-free as possible.
Risk in business cannot be avoided--but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a better way to work through it. The problem is that most risk management strategies, books, and experts are based on outdated concepts, technologies, and markets. Since the 2008 financial crisis that set the baseline for the roller-coaster market we deal with today, combined with the constantly changing developments in technology and communications, modern-day risk management demands dealing with up-to-the-minute approaches for defending against threats.
Extensively updated, the second edition of Fundamentals of Enterprise Risk Management examines the latest technologies such as Riskonnect and High Tech Electronic Platform (HTEP), and helps you:
- recognize both internal and external exposures,
- understand crucial concepts such as risk mapping and risk identification,
- and align risk opportunities with their organization's business model.
Packed with practical exercises and fresh case studies from organizations such as IBM, Microsoft, Apple, JPMorgan Chase, and Sony, this invaluable resource is key to assessing company risk, managing exposure, and seizing opportunities.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John Hampton
- About the Contributor(s) JOHN J. HAMPTON is a professor of business at St. Peter's University, and former Executive Director of the Risk and...JOHN J. HAMPTON is a professor of business at St. Peter's University, and former Executive Director of the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS). A respected speaker, he regularly addresses professional audiences on technologies that comprise the cutting edge of risk management. show more
- Publish Date08/05/2009
- Format eBook
- Price $29.49
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.