Getting from College to Career: 90 Things to Do Before You Join the Real World
- Regular price
- Sale price
How do you get a job without experience and get experience without a job? It's the question virtually every college student or recent graduate faces. In Getting from College to Career, Lindsey Pollak offers the first definitive guide to building the experience, skills, and confidence you need before starting your first major job search. Her 90 action-oriented tips include strategies ranging from the simple to the expert, including:
- Avoid the biggest mistake in career prep and job hunting
- Subscribe to a daily newspaper
- E-mail like a professional
- Make every event a networking success
- Practice the eight essentials of internship achievement
- Perform five minutes of stand-up
- Overprepare for interviews
Getting from College to Career gives you the essential information and guidance you need to get your foot in the door of the real world. Don't start your first job search without it!Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lindsey Pollak
- About the Contributor(s) Lindsey Pollak is the leading expert on succeeding in today's multigenerational workplace, and the New York Times bestselling author of...Lindsey Pollak is the leading expert on succeeding in today's multigenerational workplace, and the New York Times bestselling author of Becoming the Boss: New Rules for the Next Generation of Leaders, Getting from College to Career: Your Essential Guide to Succeeding in the Real World, and The Remix: How to Lead and Succeed in the Multigenerational Workplace. She was named in the 2020 Thinkers50 Radar List of global management thinkers whose work is shaping the future of how organizations are managed and led. Her speaking audiences and consulting clients have included over 250 corporations, law firms, conferences, and universities, including Aetna, Citi, Estee Lauder, GE, Google, JP Morgan, LinkedIn, PwC, Yale, Harvard, Wharton and Stanford. She has been featured on the Today show, CNN, and NPR, and in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal. She is a graduate of Yale University. show more
- Publish Date10/13/2009
- PublisherHarperCollins e-books
- Format eBook
- Price $11.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.