Hard-Won Wisdom: True Stories from the Management Trenches
- Regular price
- Sale price
This book will help you become proactive in learning how to avoid the disastrous scenarios befalling companies every day.
For managers, even simple requests or basic expectations can quickly spiral out of control.
Seasoned HR expert and employment attorney Jathan Janove helps you anticipate and head off trouble so you don’t get blindsided by people problems.
Drawing on years spent untangling tricky situations and fixing mishaps, Hard-Won Wisdom chronicles 46 eye-opening, jaw-dropping stories that show you how to:
- Defuse angry employees
- Discipline without inviting legal action
- Hire the best person for the job
- Manage high-maintenance people
- Make airtight promotion decisions
- Give timely feedback
- Avoid the penalties of lost trust
- Protect against harassment and discrimination suits
Janove’s long experience in employment law, executive coaching, and management make for some compelling stories. The specific, actionable advice in Hard-Won Wisdom provides is sure to help anyone who wants to avoid career-derailing conflict.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jathan Janove
- About the Contributor(s) JATHAN JANOVE, J.D. is principal of Janove Organization Solutions. A contributor to HR Magazine and a popular management blogger, he...JATHAN JANOVE, J.D. is principal of Janove Organization Solutions. A contributor to HR Magazine and a popular management blogger, he has 25 years' experience litigating workplace relationships and is author of Managing to Stay Out of Court. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.73 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)29.37 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.8(d) inches
- Price $12.57
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.