Hard-Won Wisdom: True Stories from the Management Trenches
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
They did what?! That would never happen here. Yes it can, and it certainly will if you don't become proactive in learning how to avoid the disastro... Read More
They did what?! That would never happen here. Yes it can, and it certainly will if you don’t become proactive in learning how to avoid the disastrous scenarios befalling companies every day. Written by a seasoned HR expert and employment attorney, Hard-Won Wisdom takes you inside the messy reality of situations gone wrong, including: • A joking comment taken as a command • An email exchange that escalates ridiculously out of control • A request for confidentiality that backfires in a big way • The right employee fired the wrong way • The wrong employee fired the right way But this collection of real-life war stories doesn’t stop there. The sometimes funny, but always cautionary tales are also used to reinforce crucial lessons for managers. From failing to give feedback and withholding key information to exercising poor judgment and making faulty assumptions, every story highlights the role management plays in exacerbating (or easing) trouble. Through many unfortunate situations, other managers have learned the hard way how to better motivate underachievers, defuse angry employees, discipline without inviting legal action, and handle many other employee problems. But you don’t have to learn the way they did! Learn from their hard-won wisdom before it’s too late! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jathan Janove
- About the Contributor(s) JATHAN JANOVE, J.D. is principal of Janove Organization Solutions. A contributor to HR Magazine and a popular management blogger, he...JATHAN JANOVE, J.D. is principal of Janove Organization Solutions. A contributor to HR Magazine and a popular management blogger, he has 25 years' experience litigating workplace relationships and is author of Managing to Stay Out of Court. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.73 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)29.37 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $8.98
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.