Hire Smart from the Start: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Finding, Catching, and Keeping the Best Talent for Your Company
- Regular price
- Sale price
This book distills lessons gained from the author’s 20 years of experience, building out and staffing two enormously successful Internet startups and helping firms land the talent they need to reach their greatest potential.
Don't rely on instincts alone. Hiring is king and while the lesson seems so basic, so many good companies stumble and lose their stride just when they were poised for rapid growth. Why? Their leaders treated hiring as a tedious chore. They posted an ad hoc ad. Took the first person with the right skills. Hired for immediate needs, rather than future flourishing.
Whether you're a high-tech entrepreneur taking a startup public, or a food truck vendor with a concept that's taking off, Hire Smart from the Start offers a proven formula to help you:
- Find candidates whose values and working style fit your business
- Spot the 5 types of applicants you should never, ever hire
- Motivate "reach" candidates to leave their jobs and take a chance on your vision
- Develop meaningful incentives that make people stay
Accelerate success: hire smart from the start. This book shows you how.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Dave Carvajal
- About the Contributor(s) DAVE CARVAJAL is CEO of Dave Partners, a firm that is re-wiring the Executive Search experience for the tech scene....DAVE CARVAJAL is CEO of Dave Partners, a firm that is re-wiring the Executive Search experience for the tech scene. He was co-founder of HotJobs.com, which traded at a market capitalization of $1.2 billion before it sold to Yahoo! show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.07 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)34.22 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 6.4(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $17.47
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.