Honest Answers: Interview and Negotiation Skills to Get to the Truth - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
BECOME A MASTER AT NEGOTIATION AND COMMUNICATION
Never go into an important conversation feeling unheard, unprepared, or uninformed again—apply the proven SISCO method for communication to become a master negotiator, trusted interviewer, and engaging conversationalist.
No matter the conversation, detecting honesty and persuading others to be honest are some of the most valuable skills you can learn. With these skills, you can master your daily conversations and interactions with others. The Strategic Interviewing Skills and Competencies (SISCO) Method will help you see the full picture, have all the facts, and make effective decisions.
Former Navy interrogator, Lena Sisco, created this method during challenging investigative and information-gathering interviews. Her 5-step program focuses human-to-human interaction. When you can gain someone’s trust you can get truth in any scenario. She teaches readers how to validate their gut feeling when they think someone is lying, unassumingly control a conversation, and persuade others to be honest.
These skills are not only applicable in an interrogation room, but they can be relevant in everyday life. In this book, you will learn how to:
- Apply the strategic interviewing skills behind the SISCO method to your everyday life to discover the information and the honest answers you need.
- Create an environment of trust that will facilitate the fact finding necessary to be more effective at your job while encouraging others to be more accountable.
- Control the signals you may or may not be inadvertently sending to others.
- Know the right words to say during a disagreement in order to de-escalate conflict, gain respect, and create a win-win situation
Not only does she teach you techniques and methods to negotiate and interview with confidence, she shares the neuroscience behind why they are effective. You will be able to interpret patterns of behavior and influence positive behaviors in others, as well as enhancing the effectiveness of your communication practices; both verbal and nonverbal.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lena Sisco
- Narrator(s) Jessica Holtan
- About the Contributor(s) Lena Sisco is a TV expert in deceptive analysis, an Enhanced Communications Subject Matter Expert, Interrogation Expert, a Senior Body...
Lena Sisco is a TV expert in deceptive analysis, an Enhanced Communications Subject Matter Expert, Interrogation Expert, a Senior Body Language Institute Train-the-Trainer Instructor with Janine Driver, keynote speaker, and the CEO and founder of two companies: The Congruency Group and Sector Intelligence Group. Lena’s training specializes in body language, detecting deception, statement analysis, non-accusatory strategic interviewing, elicitation, rapport building, leadership, and enhanced communication skills needed to be a confident, trusted professional.
She is a former Department of Defense certified military interrogator and Naval Intelligence Officer. Entities she has trained and currently trains include Naval Special Warfare, NASA, National Geospatial Agency, Customs and Border Protection, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Homeland Security, Defense Intelligence Agency, United States Marine Corps, United States Navy, United States Coast Guard, local and federal Law Enforcement Agencies, International Association of Arson Investigators, and numerous private sector companies.show more
- Publish Date11/15/2022
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:42:00
- Price $21.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.