How Not to Hire-Ecourse: Common Mistakes to Avoid When Building a Team
- Regular price
- Sale price
It’s the same cycle: you diligently sort through résumés to find the cream of the crop. You have amazing interviews and confidently land on the one, but two weeks into the job and the one turns out to be the wrong one. What gives? Well, you’re clearly screwing something up, and it’s time to find out what it is.
It’s frustrating. You’re up to date on all the newest interview techniques. You know what to look for on candidates’ résumés. You inspect social media profiles for red flags and put them through an in-depth panel interview. They pass with flying colors.
But still, a week or two into the job, it’s clearly not working out. They turn out to be less motivated than they claimed. They didn’t reveal their tendencies in the interview, and they don’t have the skills necessary to do the job. Chances are it’s not about what you’re doing right in the hiring process--it’s about what you’re doing wrong.
How Not to Hire is filled with interviews and stories of people who were being held back by the things they didn’t realize were working against them. The workplace is a minefield filled with politics and unspoken rules. This book is here to teach you:
- How you’re screwing it up and what to do about it
- How other people screwed it up before figuring it out
- What you should stop doing immediately
- What you should be doing more of
Now, stop panicking and letting frustration hold you back. This book is the tool you need to get the best candidates for the interview and the right person for the job!Read Less
- Contributor(s)Emily Kumler
- About the Contributor(s) Emily Kumler is an award-winning entrepreneur and journalist. She’s launched and run two start-up companies, each with more than $1...
Emily Kumler is an award-winning entrepreneur and journalist. She’s launched and run two start-up companies, each with more than $1 million in annual revenue, putting her in the top 4 percent of female-led companies. She hosts the Empowered Health podcast, which is one of the top sciences, health, and medical podcasts.
As an ABC News producer for 20/20 and Primetime, a newspaper reporter and columnist, and magazine features writer, she has gone inside the minds of murderers, world leaders, celebrities, business innovators, and everyone in between. She engages her audiences with diverse stories of people overcoming the impossible. Emily has completed advanced negotiation training and the mediation program at Harvard Law School’s Program on Negotiation. She earned a master’s degree from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism and has a BA from Smith College. Kumler has spent several years studying shamanism and is one of a very small group of people who have spent time learning from the Q’ero Indians in Peru. For Kumler all these pursuits and interests are interconnected.show more
- Publish Date12/21/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Series The How Not to Succeed Series
- Format Online Course – Self-Learner
- Price $22.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.