How Not to Sell: Why You Can't Close the Deal and How to Fix It - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
This helpful resource will show you what you’re doing wrong with selling and how to fix it.
You make the right calls all day, you deliver your pitches flawlessly, and you donate to every one of your potential client’s kid’s school fundraisers. But you still aren’t closing deals. What gives? Well, you’re clearly screwing something up, and it’s time you find out what it is.
You aren’t anywhere near your sales targets, and your bottom line hasn’t budged since your started. Chances are it’s not about what you’re doing right--it’s about what you’re doing wrong.
How Not to Sell is filled with interviews and stories of people who were being held back by the things they didn’t realize were working against them. The workplace is a minefield filled with politics and unspoken rules. This book is here to teach you:
- How you’re screwing it up and what to do about it
- How other people screwed it up before figuring it out
- What you should stop doing immediately
- What you should be doing more of
Stop panicking and letting frustration hold you back. How Not to Sell is the tool you need to get out of your sales slump and make your numbers!Read Less
- Contributor(s)Mike Wicks
- Narrator(s) Josh Childs
- About the Contributor(s) Mike Wicks is an award-winning author, collaborator, and senior writer at Kevin Anderson & Associates. He has managed several multimillion-dollar government programs,...
Mike Wicks is an award-winning author, collaborator, and senior writer at Kevin Anderson & Associates. He has managed several multimillion-dollar government programs, rebranded towns and regions, written economic development and tourism strategies, and created sponsorship programs for major not-for-profits. Wicks is also a well-regarded trainer, facilitator, and speaker whose clients have included national banks and multinational insurance corporations. Wicks has written and collaborated on over twenty books, e-books, and training manuals. Fire from the Sky: A Diary Over Japan won a silver medal for best military memoir of 2005, awarded by the Military Writers Society of America. He’s a foodie, so when he’s not writing he can be found in his kitchen preparing a gourmet meal.show more
- Publish Date08/25/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Series The How Not to Succeed Series
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time04:19:00
- Price $12.59
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.