How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job: Your Complete Guide to Opportunities, Internships, Resumes and Cover Letters, Networking, Interviews, Salaries, Promotions, and More!
- Regular price
- Sale price
Written by a successful career coach who herself has climbed the federal career ladder and served as a hiring manager, this indispensable book is the ultimate guide to securing a job in government work.
How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job steers federal applicants through every stage of their job search--from finding unadvertised openings and getting interviews to sealing enviable deals and even getting promoted. You’ll gain insights from more than one hundred federal hiring managers, and learn the secrets to impressing these gatekeepers online, on paper, and in person.
This updated second edition includes:
- more get-ahead tips,
- the latest hiring advice on writing winning applications,
- expanded directories for internships,
- listings of fast-track management training programs and fellowships,
- and information on emerging helpful websites and other resources.
Complete with a companion CD filled with sample resumes, checklists, and templates, How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job gives business professionals with big dreams of climbing the federal career ladder the inside scoop on landing some of the nation's most secure, well-paying, and rewarding jobs.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lily Whiteman
- About the Contributor(s) LILY MADELEINE WHITEMAN is a popular contributor to the "Jobs" section of The Washington Post, the career columnist of Federal...LILY MADELEINE WHITEMAN is a popular contributor to the "Jobs" section of The Washington Post, the career columnist of Federal Times, and a senior writer at the National Science Foundation-a federal agency. show more
- Publish Date06/17/2012
- Format eBook
- Price $16.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.