How You Play the Game: Lessons for Life from the Billion-Dollar Business of Sports
- Regular price
- Sale price
A story of passion and commitment and faith―qualities that drove one working-class kid to not only build a sports empire, but also to change the way the entire sports industry has done business.
This book is a tale of determination, faith, and, most assuredly, good timing and good luck. In truth, this isn’t one story―but many. Sports executive and businessman Jerry Colangelo weaves together a lifetime of great moments in sports and tense times in business.
In How You Play the Game, sports executive and businessman Jerry Colangelo details a lifetime of stories, including:
- How he emerged from the tough streets of Chicago Heights as a high school and college sports star.
- How he helped create and build the Chicago Bulls―at a time when the NBA was a second-tier professional league, and two basketball teams had already failed in the Windy City.
- How he moved to Arizona and started the Phoenix Suns, an organization that fought its way to become the ninth richest franchise in all of sports.
- And how he then began baseball’s newest team, the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Peppered with stories about players and coaches, including Charles Barkley and Connie Hawkins, Red Holzman, and Buck Showalter, as well as owners, general managers, investors, reporters, and more, How You Play the Game is truly an insider’s look at the sports world.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jerry Colangelo , Len Sherman
- Publish Date04/15/1999
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.84 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.84 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $17.49
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.