I Hear You: Repair Communication Breakdowns, Negotiate Successfully, and Build Consensus . . . in Three Simple Steps
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
If you've ever tried negotiating through an unresolved conflict with a boss, colleague, employee, or client, then you know that it's easier to sell... Read More
If you’ve ever tried negotiating through an unresolved conflict with a boss, colleague, employee, or client, then you know that it’s easier to sell ice to an Eskimo. Whether big or small, conflict eats into productivity and thickens further even the most stubborn of people. In short, conflict makes people feel stuck. Yet the key to conflict resolution is not as complicated as most think. The answer lies in better communication. No, not you learning more persuasive ways to make your point, but rather simply learning to actively listen to the other perspectives. In I Hear You, readers backed up against a wall built by conflict will learn proven techniques for stepping outside one’s point of view and seeing things from other perspectives. They’ll learn how to: • Tell the other person’s story--the cornerstone of real engagement • Look from the outside in and see themselves as others do • Recognize the role systemic factors play--and transform a conflict into a shared challenge • Overcome the defense mechanisms that derail dialogue Complete with sample dialogues that show how this shift in thinking leads to better conversations and greatly improved outcomes, this invaluable resource is the secret to changing opposition into understanding and mere talk into real trust. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Donny Ebenstein
- About the Contributor(s) Donny Ebenstein is an international expert in negotiation, communication, and conflict resolution. Beginning in 1996, Donny worked in the Middle...Donny Ebenstein is an international expert in negotiation, communication, and conflict resolution. Beginning in 1996, Donny worked in the Middle East. During that time he co-founded the Jerusalem Mediation Institute, one of the first mediation centers in Israel. Donny's work in the Middle East included training for the Israel Defense Forces on how to collaborate more effectively on joint patrols with their Palestinian counterparts, and joint workshops for Israeli and Palestinian Border Crossing Staff on skills for resolving conflict. In 2000, Donny formed Ebenstein Consulting Incorporated to serve clients in negotiation, communication and conflict resolution. He has worked with professionals of all levels of seniority, from recent college graduates to partners, directors, and the top levels of management. Donny is a graduate of Harvard Law School and holds a BA in Psychology from the University of Michigan. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.98 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)27.47 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 6.4(w) x 1.1(d) inches
- Price $12.48
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.