I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening): A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
More than ever, politics seem to be driven by discord. People sitting together in pews every Sunday feel like strangers and loved ones at the dinner table feel like enemies. Toxic political dialogue, hate-filled rants on social media, and agenda-driven news stories have become the new norm. But it doesn't have to be this way.
In I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening), two working moms from opposite ends of the political spectrum teach us that politics don't have to divide us. Instead, we can bring the same care and respect to policy discussions that we bring to the rest of our lives.
Sarah Stewart Holland and Beth Silvers, co-hosts of Pantsuit Politics, recently named an Apple Podcasts Show of the Year, give you all of the tools you need to:
- Respect the dignity of every person
- Recognize that issues are nuanced and can't be reduced to political talking points
- Listen in order to understand
- Lead with grace and patience
Join Sarah from the left and Beth from the right as they teach you that people from opposing political perspectives truly can have calm, grace-filled conversations with one another.
Praise for I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening):
"Sarah and Beth are an absolute gift to our culture right now. Not only do they offer balanced perspectives from each political ideology, but they teach us how to dialogue well, without sacrificing our humanity."
--Jen Hatmaker, New York Times bestselling author and speaker
"Sarah from the left and Beth from the right serve as our guides through conflict and complexity, delivering us into connection. I wish every person living in the United States would read this compelling book, from the youngest voter to those holding the highest office."
--Emily P. Freeman, Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Next Right ThingRead Less
- Contributor(s)Sarah Stewart Holland , Beth A. Silvers
- Narrator(s) Sarah Holland, Beth Silvers
- About the Contributor(s) Sarah Stewart Holland is the cohost of Pantsuit Politics. Ten years ago, she left her life as a Capitol Hill...
Sarah Stewart Holland is the cohost of Pantsuit Politics. Ten years ago, she left her life as a Capitol Hill staffer behind to move back to her hometown of Paducah, Kentucky, to raise a family. In 2016, she went back to politics in a big way when she knocked on 5,523 doors to win election to the Paducah City Commission, where she served a single term.
Beth Silvers (from the right) is a business coach, speaker, and yoga teacher. After law school, Beth joined a prestigious Cincinnati-based law firm, where she worked in business restructuring during the worst financial crisis of our generation and eventually became an HR executive. Beth now helps businesses and individuals realize their potential. She is a graduate of Leadership Northern Kentucky and has been named an HR GameChanger by Workforce Magazine and one of Cincinnati's Forty Under 40. She lives with her husband and two daughters in Union, Kentucky.show more
- Publish Date02/05/2019
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:35:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.