Identifying and Managing Project Risk: Essential Tools for Failure-Proofing Your Project
- Regular price
- Sale price
The most essential component of every project manager’s job is the ability to identify potential risks before they cause unnecessary headaches and turmoil all around.
All projects are inherently risky, and complex ones can potentially be the downfall for even the most experienced project manager. From technical challenges and resource issues to unrealistic deadlines and problems with your subcontractors, any number of things can go wrong.
Fully updated and consistent with the Risk Management Professional (RMP) certification and the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), this book remains the definitive resource for project managers seeking to be pro-active in their efforts to guard against failure and minimize unwanted surprises.
From being able to draw on real-world situations and hundreds of examples of those who have gone before them, Identifying and Managing Project Risk will show you how to:
- Use high-level risk assessment tools
- Implement a system for monitoring and controlling projects
- Properly document every consideration
- Personalize proven methods for project risk planning to fit their specific project
Complete with fresh guidance on program risk management, qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, simulation and modeling, and significant “non-project” risks, this one-stop indispensable resource is what every project manager needs to eliminate surprises and keep their projects on task.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tom Kendrick
- About the Contributor(s) Tom Kendrick the former Program Director for the project management curriculum at UC Berkeley Extension, and lives in the Bay...
Tom Kendrick the former Program Director for the project management curriculum at UC Berkeley Extension, and lives in the Bay area near San Francisco, California. He is a past award recipient of the Project Management Institute (PMI) David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award for "Identifying and Managing Project Risk: Essential Tools for Failure-Proofing Your Project" (now in it's fourth edition). Tom is also a certified PMP and serves as a volunteer for both the PMI Silicon Valley Chapter and PMI.org.show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.2 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.99 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $24.49
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.