Killing It: An Entrepreneur's Guide to Keeping Your Head Without Losing Your Heart - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Sheryl O’Loughlin, the former CEO of Clif Bar, offers the ultimate life and business course. Killing It gives entrepreneurs the tools they need to start their enterprise and thrive—both in the office and at home.
Aspiring entrepreneurs are told that to launch a business, you must go all in, devoting every resource and moment to making it work. But the dirty, not-so-little secret among entrepreneurs is that whether they fail or succeed, they often pay a very high personal cost—divorce, addiction or missed opportunities—for the risks they take. The all-consuming lifestyle means sacrificing the intangibles that make life worth living.
Sheryl O’Loughlin knows there is a better way. In Killing It, she shares the wisdom she’s gained from her successful experiences launching a company from the ground up (Plum), running two fast-growing businesses (Clif Bar and REBBL), and mentoring aspiring entrepreneurs (at the Stanford Graduate School of Business). In detailing her journey—from massive growth at hip companies to near bankruptcy and a serious eating disorder—Sheryl tells it like it is: if you don’t invest in your well-being, your business will not succeed, nor will you.
Filled with real-life examples and anecdotes, Killing It addresses common questions and concerns, including
• How do you prepare your significant other for your business venture? And how can you continue to support each other along the way?
• How do you immerse yourself in a startup while staying committed to family and meaningful friendships?
• How do you choose partners and investors who align with your core beliefs?
• How do you find joy in the day-to-day?
• How do you walk away and start again?
This is necessary reading for entrepreneurs at every stage.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Sheryl O'Loughlin
- Narrator(s) Cassandra Campbell
- About the Contributor(s) Sheryl O’Loughlin earned her MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. She is the CEO of REBBL...Sheryl O’Loughlin earned her MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. She is the CEO of REBBL super-herb beverages, and she previously served as the CEO of Clif Bar, where she led the concept development and introduction of Luna Bars, and was the cofounder and CEO of Plum Organics. She is the former executive director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. She lives in Santa Rosa, California, with her husband, Patrick, and her two sons. show more
- Publish Date12/06/2016
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time008:10:25
- Price $15.39
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.