Leading the Unleadable: How to Manage Mavericks, Cynics, Divas, and Other Difficult People
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Difficult employees are by far the worst part of a manager's job. Control freaks. Narcissists. Slackers. Cynics. Their outbursts, irrational demand... Read More
Difficult employees are by far the worst part of a manager’s job. Control freaks. Narcissists. Slackers. Cynics. Their outbursts, irrational demands, gripes, and countless other disruptions need to be dealt with, and you are the unlucky one with that job description. But every manager has to deal with these people. What separates the great managers is their ability to turn them into productive team players. Leading the Unleadable turns this seemingly difficult chore into a straight-forward process that gently, yet effectively, improves behaviors. And it begins with understanding a core truth: most people actually want to contribute results, not cause headaches. When the manager resets to that fundamental principle, the potential for change can reveal itself in even the most hopeless situations. Written by an insider in the tech industry, where personality issues routinely wreck projects, the book explains how to: • Master the necessary mindset • Explain the problem calmly in a short feedback session • Get a commitment to change, then follow up • Coach others to replicate the process • Develop the situational awareness required to spot future trouble before it hits Are you a great manager? Of course you believe you are. So don’t just put up with your difficult employees. Anyone can do that. Turn them into the tremendous team players everyone wants them to be! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Alan Willett
- About the Contributor(s) ALAN WILLETT is president of Oxseeker, a leadership development and organizational culture change consultancy whose clients include Oracle, Microsoft, NASA,...ALAN WILLETT is president of Oxseeker, a leadership development and organizational culture change consultancy whose clients include Oracle, Microsoft, NASA, Intuit, and others. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.73 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.11 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $10.77
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.