LIFE@WORK: Marketplace Success for People of Faith
- Regular price
- Sale price
Authors John C. Maxwell, Stephen Graves, and Thomas Addington identify the basic tools followers of Jesus should always have in their work toolbox: Calling, Serving, Character, and Skill.
People of faith need to be comfortable and intentional in two worlds—the world of the kingdom and the world of the commercial—blending and balancing their roles in each.
In Life@Work, the authors explain how we, as Christians:
- know our work has purpose because we are serving a God whose purpose is bigger than us
- believe our work and life are part of His bigger plan (which) supplies an inner joy
- understand why we work and to listen to God about your profession.
Listening to God must be experienced and is not something that can be simply described to those who don’t understand God’s word or His will. For those Christians feeling dissatisfied or unfulfilled with work, school, or life in general, this book is the perfect reading for them.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John C. Maxwell , Stephen R. Graves , Thomas G. Addington
- About the Contributor(s) John C. Maxwell is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach, and speaker who has sold more than 33 million books...
John C. Maxwell is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach, and speaker who has sold more than 33 million books in fifty languages. He has been identified as the #1 leader in business and the most influential leadership expert in the world. His organizations - the John Maxwell Company, The John Maxwell Team, EQUIP, and the John Maxwell Leadership Foundation - have translated his teachings into seventy languages and used them to train millions of leaders from every country of the world. A recipient of the Horatio Alger Award, as well as the Mother Teresa Prize for Global Peace and Leadership from the Luminary Leadership Network, Dr. Maxwell influences Fortune 500 CEOs, the presidents of nations, and entrepreneurs worldwide. For more information about him visit JohnMaxwell.com.
A Ph.D. graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary and an expert in organizational analysis and strategic planning, Stephen R. Graves mentors and speaks at business seminars.
As a former professor at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and the University of Arkansas, Thomas G. Addington co-founded The Cornerstone Group, a company built to integrate biblical wisdom and business excellence.show more
- Publish Date01/13/2009
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.54 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.28 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.