Looking Up: How a Different Perspective Turns Obstacles into Advantages - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Imagine being born into a world where fitting in was never an option.
Michele Sullivan, one of the most powerful women in philanthropy, was born with a rare form of dwarfism. Meaning she has spent her entire life looking up. As the first female president of the Caterpillar Foundation, she has used her unique point of view to impact countless lives around the world.
As a child, Michele decided to life a life of meaning, by:
- Tailoring her differences into something more suitable for the world.
- Hiding from the world and live on the fringe.
- Embracing her differences to turn them into assets.
- Recognize that there was a strength within her that could help others.
Looking Up is the story of how Michele became the smallest woman at the largest earth-moving manufacturer in the world. While her height has presented challenges that are different from most, it has allowed her to see things that others do not, literally and figuratively.
Embedded in this narrative are unique (and often hilarious) takeaways for individuals about the importance of making the first move, being wrong at first, choosing intimacy over influence, and learning that asking for help is a strength, not a weakness.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Michele Sullivan
- Narrator(s) Michele Sullivan
- About the Contributor(s) Michele Sullivan is the recently retired director of Corporate Social Innovation and president of the Caterpillar Foundation, the philanthropic arm...
Michele Sullivan is the recently retired director of Corporate Social Innovation and president of the Caterpillar Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the $46-billion manufacturing giant Caterpillar, Inc. In addition to her thirty-year career holding various leadership positions at the company, she recently helped transform the foundation into one of the world’s most influential corporate foundations, through the launch of its collaborative impact platform known as Together.Stronger.™, a catalyst for shared prosperity that unites businesses, nonprofits, government, and citizens to combine their strengths to alleviate poverty for millions of people worldwide.show more
- Publish Date02/25/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:54:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.