Make It Matter: How Managers Can Motivate by Creating Meaning
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Your employees' bodies may be putting in long hours, but their hearts and minds rarely punch in. Studies show that 70 percent of the workforce feel... Read More
Your employees’ bodies may be putting in long hours, but their hearts and minds rarely punch in. Studies show that 70 percent of the workforce feel disengaged, without a sense of purpose in their jobs. This eye-popping statistic should horrify organizations today, most of whom are attempting to motivate their employees to do more with less. But how do you motivate the disengaged, and further engage the engaged? The answer is not pay, perks, or promotions. Those are nice Band-Aids that can work for a short time, but they aren’t addressing the underlying problem: their employees’ need to take part in work that matters. This upbeat, original book shows how meaning-rich workplaces connect, inspire, and catapult employees into new realms of productivity and well-being. Make It Matter not only makes a convincing case for change--it also explains how to become the kind of business where people love to work, and the kind of manager people love to work for. Insightful research findings, stories, and guidelines help readers create: • Direction: reframing work to add meaning • Discovery: offering challenges and thoughtful opportunities to learn and grow • Devotion: cultivating an authentic, caring culture, free from corrosive behaviors Make It Matter is the first ever book that serves as a practical, yet inspiring how-to guide for motivating by creating meaning--the motivational tour de force of our times. When people feel they matter, they give their all. Everybody wins! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Scott Mautz
- About the Contributor(s) SCOTT MAUTZ is CEO of Profound Performance and a popular speaker on workplace motivation and engagement. A veteran Procter Gamble...SCOTT MAUTZ is CEO of Profound Performance and a popular speaker on workplace motivation and engagement. A veteran Procter Gamble executive and an adjunct professor at Indiana University, he is the author of Make It Matter and a weekly contributor to Inc. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.13 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)22.62 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $19.59
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.