Make Your Own Waves: The Surfer's Rules for Innovators and Entrepreneurs
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
The metaphors have always been there: Ebbs and flows. Riding high. The reward of the ocean crest. The risk of the eventual crash. Like the ocean, t... Read More
The metaphors have always been there: Ebbs and flows. Riding high. The reward of the ocean crest. The risk of the eventual crash. Like the ocean, the marketplace is constantly changing, causing the buttoned-up businessperson to oftentimes feel like a sun-burned, sand-encrusted surfer trying desperately to ride his next barrel. So maybe before taking your next venture out into the cresting and crashing marketplace ocean, there are some lessons to learn from the experts: surfers! Like successful entrepreneurs, big-wave surfers rely on preparation, passion, and persistence--and they relish a challenge. So it’s no surprise that countless surfers have pioneered products and launched thriving businesses, including GoPro Cameras, O’Neill, Reef, and Quiksilver. Packed with stories of surf innovators, entrepreneurs, and legends, Make Your Own Waves reveals 10 rules of the water that the successful entrepreneur must adhere to as well, including: • Learn to swim--the basics set the stage for everything • Get wet--you can’t succeed if you stay on the beach • Always look “outside”--watch for what’s coming or you may miss a better opportunity • Commit, charge, shred--you have to go all out to be all in • Never turn your back on the ocean--always stay in touch with the marketplace and the customer • Stay stoked--desire drives success • And more! Even the best surfers fall, but they learn from their wipeouts and paddle back out to once again push the edge, knowing that with big waves come big opportunities. Don’t just sit on the beach. Grab your board and get in! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Louis Patler
- About the Contributor(s) LOUIS PATLER is a longtime surfing enthusiast and President of The B.I.T. Group, a strategic consulting and training company whose...LOUIS PATLER is a longtime surfing enthusiast and President of The B.I.T. Group, a strategic consulting and training company whose clients include Dell, Safeway, Wells Fargo, BAE Systems, and GAP. A New York Times bestselling author, two of his previous books were included on Steve Jobs' recommended reading list. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.88 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)35.19 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.25(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $10.98
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.