Make Your Own Waves: The Surfer's Rules for Innovators and Entrepreneurs
- Regular price
- Sale price
Like the ocean, the marketplace constantly changes and today's cresting reward becomes tomorrow's crashing risk. Even the best surfers fall, but they learn from their wipeouts and paddle back out again, knowing that with big waves come big opportunities.
Innovation expert Louis Patler explores why 8 out of 10 business ventures fail and offers lessons learned from elite athletes that apply to business. Before you venture out, take some advice from unlikely experts: Big Wave surfers who ride waves the size of a five-story office building using only a 9-foot piece of styrofoam. Like successful entrepreneurs, they must rely on preparation, planning, patience, and passion--and they relish a challenge.
Packed with stories of innovators, entrepreneurs, and legends, Make Your Own Waves reveals 10 Surfer's Rules that will guide entrepreneurs and innovators including:
- Learn to swim--the basics set the stage for everything
- Get wet--you can't succeed if you stick to the shore
- Always look "outside"--watch for what's coming or you may miss a better opportunity
- Commit, charge, shred--you have to go all out to be all in
- Never turn your back on the ocean--always stay in touch with the marketplace and the customer
- Stay stoked--desire drives success
Discover the do’s and don’ts for innovators and entrepreneurs that will lead you to success.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Louis Patler
- About the Contributor(s) LOUIS PATLER is a longtime surfing enthusiast and President of The B.I.T. Group, a strategic consulting and training company whose...LOUIS PATLER is a longtime surfing enthusiast and President of The B.I.T. Group, a strategic consulting and training company whose clients include Dell, Safeway, Wells Fargo, BAE Systems, and GAP. A New York Times bestselling author, two of his previous books were included on Steve Jobs' recommended reading list. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.88 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)35.19 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.25(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $10.98
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.