Managing Government Employees: How to Motivate Your People, Deal with Difficult Issues, and Achieve Tangible Results
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Managing government employees presents unique challenges. Government managers may feel that stringent and convoluted regulations mean they "can't d... Read More
Managing government employees presents unique challenges. Government managers may feel that stringent and convoluted regulations mean they "can't do that". Some others may use that perception as a crutch. But the truth for all of them is, yes, they can "do that" -- and they'd better. "That" means managing employees as proactively and decisively as their corporate counterparts, and holding their staffs, teams, and departments accountable for productivity and results. Managing Government Employees offers dozens of techniques for meeting the challenges and stressful situations supervisers face on a daily basis. Major topics include how to: * get maximum dedication and productivity from employees * improve results of poor performers and discipline or fire them when necessary * deal with union and EEO issues * cut through the red tape of government employment systems For managers frustrated by government bureaucracy, this book lets them know they have more power than they may think. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Stewart Liff
- About the Contributor(s) STEWART LIFF began his career with the federal government in 1974. He is a winner of the President's Council on...STEWART LIFF began his career with the federal government in 1974. He is a winner of the President's Council on Management Improvement Award and the Presidential Rank Award for Meritorious Service. His books include Managing Government Employees (978-0-8144-0887-2). show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.06 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)27.57 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.25(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $17.47
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.