Managing Your Government Career: Success Strategies That Work
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Working for the government offers many advantages: great prospects for professional growth, job security, an attractive array of benefits, and the ... Read More
Working for the government offers many advantages: great prospects for professional growth, job security, an attractive array of benefits, and the opportunity to help other citizens--but it also presents unique challenges. Based on the author’s decades of experience in civil service jobs as well as his interactions with thousands of government employees, this deep-dive exploration into the professional life of a government worker provides the advice you need to successfully launch your government career. Managing Your Government Career helps readers: decide whether working for the government is right for them; understand the differences between federal, state, and local levels; apply, interview for, and get the job they want; take advantage of the training offered; understand the government workplace culture; become familiar with local politics; make themselves valuable; develop the right mentors; and fluidly transition up the ladder. Packed with indispensable guidance, this unique and highly strategic resource is the go-to for anyone striving to work or grow in a government job. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Stewart Liff
- About the Contributor(s) STEWART LIFF began his career with the federal government in 1974. He is a winner of the President's Council on...STEWART LIFF began his career with the federal government in 1974. He is a winner of the President's Council on Management Improvement Award and the Presidential Rank Award for Meritorious Service. His books include Managing Government Employees (978-0-8144-0887-2). show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)40.04 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $13.97
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.