Mastering the Hire: 12 Strategies to Improve Your Odds of Finding the Best Hire - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Research shows you have a 50% chance of hiring the right employee… and a 50% chance of hiring the wrong one. It’s a toss up, but it doesn’t have to be.
After years of scientific research and first-hand interview experience with thousands of candidates, author Chaka Booker has created a system that helps employers consistently make great hires.
Mastering the Hire provides 12 proven strategies that have been used to accurately identify the right talent 90% of the time. Whether hiring manager, business owner, CEO, search consultant, team manager, team member, novice or expert interviewer, Chaka’s method is for anyone who wants to beat the hiring odds.
In this book, you will learn:
- How to manage your intuition: when to trust it and when to put it aside.
- Question design principles: structuring questions so candidates are influenced to tell the truth
- The power of pressure: when to apply or release pressure and how to control the hidden internal pressure that leads to poor decisions.
- To identify key competencies: the four competencies you must always interview for and techniques to accurately assess them.
- Tools for removing bias: tomorrow’s talent doesn’t fit yesterday’s mold and is often overlooked.
- Understanding and removing bias will give you a competitive advantage.
To reimagine the hiring process: resume reviews, phone interviews, and in-person interviews will get a much-needed revamp with innovative twists on each.
The interview is the cornerstone of the hiring process, yet science has shown the odds aren’t in your favor. Mastering the Hire gives you strategies that will dramatically improve the one decision that determines everything you can accomplish--who you hire.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Chaka Booker
- Narrator(s) Van Tracy
- About the Contributor(s) Chaka Booker is the managing director of The Broad Center, a national nonprofit founded by billionaire Eli Broad and focused...
Chaka Booker is the managing director of The Broad Center, a national nonprofit founded by billionaire Eli Broad and focused on leadership development. He has conducted years of research in hiring processes and recruited and developed talent across the country.show more
- Publish Date03/24/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:01:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.