Mission Transition: Navigating the Opportunities and Obstacles to Your Post-Military Career - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Mission Transition is an essential career-change guide for any transitioning veteran that wants to avoid false starts and make optimal career choices following active duty.
Every year, about a quarter of a million veterans leave the military - most of whom are unprepared for the transition. These service members have developed incredible leadership, problem-solving, and practical skills that are underutilized once they reach the civilian world, a detriment to both themselves and society.
Well-intentioned Transition Assistance Programs and other support structures within the armed forces often leave veterans fending for themselves. The mission-first culture of the military results in service members focusing on their active duty roles in the year leading up to their separation, leaving them little time to adequately prepare to join the civilian world.
President of Purepost, a next-generation staffing solution and public benefits corporation, and author Matthew J. Louis guides military personnel through the entire process of making a successful move into civilian professional life.
In Mission Transition, this book will:
- Guide you through the process of discovering what path you want to take going forward
- Teach you the strategies that will make your résumé stand out
- Provide suggestions to help you prepare for and ace the interview
- Discuss ways to acclimate to your new organization’s culture and pay it forward to other veterans
Each chapter includes advice from other veterans, illustrations of key concepts, summaries, and suggested resources. Let this well-written and easy to follow guidebook help you transition out from the military and commit to being successful in the next chapter of your life.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Matthew J. Louis
- Narrator(s) Levi Wiggins, John Behrens
- About the Contributor(s) Matthew J. Louis is an Associate Director at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, serving senior firm leadership in addressing complex enterprise-wide...
Matthew J. Louis is an Associate Director at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, serving senior firm leadership in addressing complex enterprise-wide transformation and business development issues. Louis holds an MBA in operations and finance from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and a BS in mechanical engineering from West Point. He’s also a graduate of the US Army Command and General Staff College. Additionally, Louis served in the Southwest Asia combat theater and on the staff of the US Army’s Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations.show more
- Publish Date09/24/2019
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time07:20:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.