Negotiating the Sweet Spot: The Art of Leaving Nothing on the Table - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Everybody negotiates at various points every day, be it in life or business, and it’s important to get it right.
On average, people leave about 20% of potential mutual gains untapped in any negotiation. This is akin to taking 20% of the value in any deal and dumping it into a garbage canister. Finding that hidden 20%, the “sweet spot,” is a skill that takes practice but is also one that anybody can learn.
Leigh Thompson offers best practices and tools within this book to use in daily negotiations and conflict situations. She calls these strategies “hacks” because they work but don’t require a lot of investment, training, expense, and time. You don’t have to be a CEO, senior VP, or regional brand manager to learn how to find the sweet spot in life’s negotiations.
In Negotiating the Sweet Spot, benefits include learning the following:
- Understanding where the sweet spot is in the deals you negotiate
- Adopting a big-picture mind-set when approaching any negotiation
- Seeing negotiations less as win-lose battles and more as opportunities to use problem-solving skills
- Utilizing a tool kit of “hacks” that will work in any negotiation and have been proven effective by a top expert in the field
Negotiating the Sweet Spot walks people of all skill and experience levels through simple and proven techniques that are sure to result in better outcomes for all parties and that uncover the hidden value that exists in any negotiation.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Leigh Thompson
- Narrator(s) Leigh Thompson
- About the Contributor(s) Leigh Thompson knows firsthand how negotiations can degenerate into lose-lose outcomes, having witnessed her parents’ divorce after twenty-five years of...
Leigh Thompson knows firsthand how negotiations can degenerate into lose-lose outcomes, having witnessed her parents’ divorce after twenty-five years of marriage. She decided after that point to learn how to help people get better outcomes in their negotiations and is now a decorated, full professor at the prestigious Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. Thompson directs several highly successful Kellogg executive education courses, including Leading High-Impact Teams, Constructive Collaboration, and High-Performance Negotiation Skills. In addition, she teaches over 2,500 executives and executive MBA students each year that span the globe from China, Hong Kong, Germany, Israel, Latin America, and Canada, as well as the United States.show more
- Publish Date07/14/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:42:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.