Never Order Barbecue in Maine: Proven Career Strategies from People Who've Been There, Done That
- Regular price
- Sale price
Maine is known for lobster. Memphis is known for barbecue. So why would you go to Maine looking for tasty ribs? That's a question business consultant and author Ken Tanner belatedly asked himself as he tucked into a burnt, tasteless slab of barbecue in Ogunquit, Maine, one summer evening.
Every region of the country has its unique signature foods. Likewise, each of us has a "sweet spot"-a signature skill or talent that can fuel your career and raise your paycheck.
In Never Order Barbecue in Maine, Ken shares entertaining and wise anecdotes from his own varied career paths-as well as insight from noted professionals who have been there, done that-to help you find your sweet spot and turn your job into a deeply satisfying, well-paying career. You'll discover ways to:
- Find and build upon your sweet spot
- Get promoted
- Develop career-enhancing relationships
- Turn downsizing into a career-building event
Why should you settle for a one-size-fits-all guide to the summit? Never Order Barbecue in Maine contains priceless, practical wisdom for your unique journey to a job that brings you maximum satisfaction.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Ken Tanner
- About the Contributor(s) Ken Tanner began his career scrubbing dishes in a Pizza Hut and eventually became the youngest manager in that chain's...Ken Tanner began his career scrubbing dishes in a Pizza Hut and eventually became the youngest manager in that chain's history. What followed was a twenty-year career in the hospitality industry. He served as regional vice president, director of training, and COO of companies such as Taco Bell, Long John Silver's, and Advantage. At 37 Ken founded an HR consulting firm focusing on recruiting. Ken uses his expertise to help companies build teamwork and retain employees. He and his family live in Marietta, GA. show more
- Publish Date05/19/2006
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format eBook
- Price $6.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.