Next Generation Leadership: How to Ensure Young Talent Will Thrive with Your Organization - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Employers who don’t adapt to the expectations of younger generations are losing top talent, as they leave for positions at companies with modern practices. Learn what companies need to do to fit into the new normal in the workplace.
Generation Y sees the world differently than any other generation in modern memory, and nowhere is this more evident than in the workplace. The shifts that this generation has seen in the economy, technology, and the world have changed what they want from life and work--which is not a 9-5 existence for forty-plus years, leading to a typical retirement at sixty-five.
What older generations call a poor work ethic from a spoiled generation, Gen Y sees as a different way of doing things.
Companies that take the time to listen realize that what Gen Y is asking for isn’t that crazy; in fact, it’s better in many ways such as:
- A demand for work-life balance isn’t a cry for fewer work hours--it’s a cry to be able to work from outside the office beyond a rigid 9-5 schedule (which can lead, to Gen Y employees working even more hours than you expected).
- Leaving a job after a couple years isn’t an inability to commit--it’s a need to learn more, expand their experience, and develop their career at a faster pace, which is helpful to companies that hire those individuals, including your own.
- Elevating nontraditional benefits over financial benefits is a step toward creating an emotional connection to the company where employees spend most of their time and invest mental and emotional efforts.
- The need to work for a company with a purpose reflects the power that social media has on the social consciousness.
Next Generation Leadership will explore what’s behind these shifts in the character of the emerging workforce. It shows that, as Gen Y assumes managerial positions, the nature of leadership and business will change over the next few decades in irrevocable and profound ways.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Adam Kingl
- Narrator(s) Jakob Lewis, Gabe Wicks
- About the Contributor(s) Adam Kingl is an author, speaker, educator and consultant. He collaborates with global organizations on their executive development, innovation environment,...
Adam Kingl is an author, speaker, educator and consultant. He collaborates with global organizations on their executive development, innovation environment, leadership and culture transformation, and envisioning their future. Previously, Adam was the Regional Managing Director, Europe, at Duke Corporate Education, Duke University and Executive Director of Thought Leadership and Learning Solutions at London Business School. www.adamkingl.com
- Publish Date02/04/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:33:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.